Images and video can be embedded into a markup using your device's built-in or attached camera or webcam. Images can also be embedded from a file saved on a local or network drive (though videos cannot be embedded this way). Unlike an Image markup, embedded images and video are not visible directly on the PDF, but are instead viewable through a pop-up viewer.
Capture supports 360° photos from selected hardware with a 2:1 aspect ratio. Check for up-to-date hardware compatibilities on support.bluebeam.com.
Images and video can be embedded in a markup directly from a built-in or attached camera.
To embed an image or video from the Camera tool:
- Select the markup in which the image or video is to be embedded.
- Go to Tools > Markup > Image > From Camera. The camera preview window appears.
⌘+⌥+Ior CTRL-clickthe markup in which the image is to be embedded and go to Capture > From Camera.
- Select Photo (for an embedded image) or Video (for an embedded video) from the Media Type menu in the lower-left corner of the camera preview window.
- Click the Shutter (for Photo) or Lens (for Video) icon to capture the media.
- To embed the captured media, click Use. The media is automatically embedded in the selected markup.
- To discard the media and capture it again, click Retake.
- Media embedded directly from the Camera tool automatically take the name of the markup's Subject, followed by a number as needed (for example, "Cracked Tile," then "Cracked Tile - 2," then "Cracked Tile - 3" and so on).
- To review images embedded in a markup, click the embedded media icon just below the markup or in the Capture column of the Markups list.
See Working with Embedded Media for more information about reviewing, adding, deleting or exporting embedded media.
Note: Older versions or Revu might not support viewing embedded media. When PDFs with embedded markup media are flattened, any embedded media is lost. Similarly, when a markup with embedded media is added to the Tool Chest, any embedded media is lost. Finally, markups with embedded media cannot be Grouped.
Images that have been saved to a local or network drive can be embedded in a markup in a couple of ways.
To embed an image from a file within Revu
CTRL-clickthe markup in which the image is to be embedded and go to Capture > From File. An Open dialog box appears.
- Navigate to and select the image to be embedded and click Open. The image is embedded in the selected markup.
- To review images embedded in a markup, click the embedded photo icon.
See Working with embedded images for more information about reviewing, adding, deleting or exporting embedded images.
Markups that have embedded media will have an embedded media icon near their lower-right corner. Clicking this icon opens a preview window showing the embedded media (or first piece of media, if multiple are embedded) and provides easy access to several useful tools:
Add from camera: Use to embed another image or video from the Camera.
Add from file: Use to embed another image from a file.
Previous: Returns Capture viewer to the previous image or video embedded in the markup.
Next: Advances Capture viewer to the next image or video embedded in the markup.
Export: Provides the option to export either the current image or video or export all images and videos embedded in the markup to a local or network drive.
Delete: Removes the current image or video from the markup. Deleted images or videos can be restored by clicking away from the markup (so no markup is selected) and using the Undo function.
360°: When a 360° photo is being viewed, a watermark appears in the upper-right corner of the image indicating the ability to pan, spin, and zoom into detail. Click and drag in any direction to rotate the image or use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out.