The Note tool allows for placement of a pop-up text note on a document.
- Select the Note tool using one of the following methods:
- Go to Tools > Markup > Note.
- Click on the
- Press N on the keyboard.
- Click a location on the document to place the Note. A Note icon is placed on the PDF and a pop-up window appears.
- Enter the content of the Note in the pop-up window.
To hide the Note pop-up window, click
away from the pop-up windowor press ESC. The Note pop-up window will appear the next time the Note icon is double-clicked.
- Double-click the Note icon to bring up the pop-up window.
- See the Comments column in the Markups list for the Note markup.
The appearance of the Note icon placed on the document is configurable. The icon itself can be changed as well as its color and opacity.
To change the appearance of a Note icon, select it and click the Properties panel. Several properties will also be available on the Properties toolbar when the markup is selected.
Color: Sets the color of the Note icon.
Opacity: Sets the level of transparency of the Note icon.
Icon: Sets the shape of the Note icon.