Blank layers can be added to an existing PDF and markups can be assigned to them easily.
This process adds a blank layer to the active PDF. This layer will be completely empty.
- Select the Layers panel.
- Select one of the following options from the Add Layer menu on the Layers panel toolbar:
- Add Before: Creates a new layer before the selected layer. If no layer is selected, the new layer is added to the top of the layers list.
- Add After; Creates a new layer after the selected layer (default). If no layer is selected, the new layer is added to the bottom of the layers list.
- Add Child: Creates a new layer as a child of the selected layer. If no layer is selected, this option is not available.
- Enter a name for the layer and click OK.
To assign markups to an existing layer, simply
Note: If you flatten a markup that is associated with a layer, it will flatten to that layer.