29 March 2022
- Fixed an issue where selecting fonts in DPT would crash Revu.
- Fixed an issue where text added to a text box was not being recorded in a Session.
- Fixed an issue where check in information was not updated in the SharePoint version history dialog.
- Fixed an issue where signature was incorrectly showing as invalid.
- Fixed an issue where Solid Line Style was being overwritten and replaced with Cloud Style.
- Fixed an issue where use of full-width Japanese character as input for scale was crashing Revu.
- Fixed an issue where Stamp folder location is not exported into Revu Preferences XML.
- Fixed an issue where incorrect Revu version was displayed in About information.
25 October 2021
- Studio users will now remain signed in until they choose to sign out.
- Fixed an issue where tools could appear in the wrong Tool Set.
- Fixed an issue where automatically creating form fields was corrupting the file in certain cases.
- Fixed an issue where copying text with ligated characters would result in an incomplete selection.
- Fixed an issue where cancelling an error dialog would close the document with unsaved changes.
- Fixed an issue where inserting pages from PDFs with bookmarks wasn’t working in some cases.
- Fixed an issue where some images were rendered as black squares.
- Fixed an issue where where files could bloat when adding IGC digital certificates.
- Fixed an issue where Revu could freeze when repeatedly copying and pasting certain markups.
31 August 2021
- Fixed a SharePoint Extension issue with the “Open In Revu” context menu when multi-tenant deployed.
- Updated SharePoint authentication to default to “Modern”.
- Fixed an issue where converting an Outlook email to a PDF was displaying an error message.
- Fixed an issue causing files to be incorrectly considered as edited on open.
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to delete or insert pages on some multi-page files.
- Fixed an issue where Revu could crash during the creation of Reports with long file names.
20 July 2021
- Fixed an issue where Windows Updates led to some crashes for deployed installations.
- Fixed multiple related issues where file sizes were getting inflated by digitally signing a PDF.
- Fixed an issue where the AutoCAD plugin couldn’t be enabled by Standard Users.
- Fixed a bug causing text corruption after using Batch Sign and Seal with a PFX type digital ID.
- Fixed a bug causing PDF Summary to substitute the Euro symbol for the space in the thousands separator.
- Corrected Rise/Drop value in Annotations List when drawing calibrated using preset scale of 1:10 or 1:20.
- Fixed an issue blocking Batch Slip Sheet when “Insert revised pages before current…” was selected.
- Updated support for FileOpen, assuring secured PDFs can open.
- Fixed a bug where Batch Overlay wasn’t respecting the “Advanced Colour Shading” setting.
18 May 2021
- Plugin support for the latest versions of AutoCAD, Revit and Navisworks.
- Fixed an issue causing content to not display as expected.
- Fixed a bug causing some files not to open with the SharePoint extension.
14 April 2021
- Fixed a bug causing Revu to not delete temporary PostScript files after printing.
16 March 2021
Revu 20.2 features improved measurement tools based on feedback from customers like you, including the ability to easily set scale across multiple drawings and apply length units independently of page scale.
Quantity Takeoff & Page Scales
We simplified the process of setting page scale so it’s quicker and easier to ensure accurate measurements on all your drawings. You can now save custom and calibrated scales to your list of preset scales, allowing you to reuse them later. You can also set X and Y scales as well as Viewports to different scales, or quickly apply scales to a custom page range in drawings.
Independent Measurement Units
The units of Length measurement are no longer tied to page scale. Whether scaled up or scaled down, or even if you’re using a different measurement system, you can now take length measurements using whatever units you need.
Added a link to the Bluebeam University, Bluebeam’s self-paced online training program, under the Help menu.
- Added support for Sketchup 2021.
- Improved the installation of the SharePoint extension app across multiple SharePoint sites.
- Corrected an issue that caused opening Revu 20.1 with .NET Framework 4.7.1 to result in a fatal error.
- Fixed a problem causing the Studio sign-in screen to be blank or non-functional for some users.
- Addressed an issue causing some files to not open consistently.
- Fixed some problems around creating PDFs from Revu and Outlook with Append Mode set to “Append.”
- Addressed a number of rendering issues affecting certain PDFs, including rendering of hatch patterns at certain zoom levels, wrong background colors in images, and a blue tint on some files created from InDesign.
- Corrected a problem where adding an additional Header or Footer to a PDF would overwrite the previous Header or Footer.
- Fixed a problem causing Count tools in tool sets to be blank.
- Addressed issues with the mouse position jumping when holding SHIFT while using some tools from Tool Set.
- Corrected a problem with radio buttons and check boxes rendering.
Revu 20.1 — Studio SE
27 January 2021
We’ve launched a new Studio instance in Sweden so users can collaborate while meeting local data residency requirements. Revu 20 users will automatically see it in the list of available servers. Learn more.
19 January 2021
Revu 20.1 expands on the Markup tool and Studio enhancements in Revu 20.0, and also includes updated support for SharePoint, so you can securely authenticate Revu and open documents in any modern browser.
- Updated support for SharePoint, so you can open PDFs stored in SharePoint securely in Revu from any current browser.
- When signing into Studio, you’ll now need to enter your email address before you’re prompted for a password.
- Admins now have the ability to securely reassign markup ownership when a collaborator permanently leaves a Session, saving time and reducing confusion in the process. New owners will also receive an email alerting them to their new status. Changes in ownership will be noted in the Session record and can be included in summaries and reports.
- A visual indicator will appear on Markups that have replies in the Markups list, so you’re always aware when comments require your attention. Clicking this icon will take you directly to the replies in the Markups list, or you can hover over the icon to see a preview of the reply.
- The “Apply to Pages” functionality for markups is improved, letting you apply markups to a custom range of pages or to all Even, Odd, Landscape, or Portrait pages.
- When placing several markups, you’ll now see a progress bar so you can track the process.
- The behavior of leader lines in Callouts and Text Boxes is improved and will now automatically adjust to prevent overlap when the shapes of those markups are changed.
- Real-time measurement values are now shown in a small tooltip-style table in the lower-right corner of the drawing as you place measurements.
- Added support for SolidWorks 2021.
- PDFs generated using the Batch PDF function in the Word plugin can now automatically generate bookmarks based on names of files in the batch.
- Bookmark configurations can be saved in the ACAD plugin.
- Addressed a problem causing printing to stop after a couple pages for some printers.
- Corrected bugs concerning Batch Slip Sheets.
- Fixed some issues related to saving files to network drive.
- Improved the handling of user-installed fonts.
16 November 2020
- Corrected a problem causing an inability to scroll up and down a document in some views when zoomed in.
- Fixed an issue causing Revu to crash for some users after they update Windows.
Revu 20.0.20 — Studio DE
09 November 2020
We’ve launched a new Studio instance in Germany so users can collaborate while meeting local data residency requirements. Revu 20 users will automatically see it in the list of available servers. Learn more.
26 October 2020
- For Open License users, Revu now releases the seats of users who go inactive. For more information on how this works, check out our Revu Administration Guide.
- Improved Revu’s startup performance.
- Fixed an issue causing Revu 20 to crash when users attempted to autosize a Text Box markup created with an older version of Revu.
- Fixed a scrolling issue in the Markups list.
- Corrected some installation issues, including updates from the In-App Updater overwriting pre-existing parameters and unexpected reboots.
- Other bug fixes across all parts of Revu.
18 August 2020
Revu 20 makes it easier than ever for your team to get more done together, with new user and content management capabilities for greater flexibility and control, enhanced markup and measurement tools to help you better manage your project data, faster rendering speed, and more.
- The Studio invite process just got a lot easier. You can now quickly invite project partners from your Studio Groups and Outlook address book, or by simply copying and pasting an email list. Then Revu will help you process and refine the list until it’s just right.
- Studio Admins can now invite and assign permissions to users before they even have a Studio account, or easily send reminders to invitees who have yet to join a Session or Project, giving you more visibility, security and participation from project partners.
- You can now see a list of active Sessions and Projects arranged by “Joined” and “Not Joined,” and join directly from Revu.
- We have launched a new Studio instance in Australia so users can collaborate while meeting Australian data residency requirements. Additionally, as new Studio instances come online, they will be automatically added to the list of available servers.
- You can now add leader lines to Text Boxes (making them act like Callouts) or remove them from Callouts (making them act like Text Boxes). In addition, Callouts and Text Boxes can have as many leader lines as you want coming out of any or all sides, saving you time when you need to communicate a similar change across multiple items.
- We improved the autosizing function for text boxes in markups like Text Boxes, Callouts, and Cloud+ so it won’t change line returns.
- We added hexagon shape for text markups (Text Boxes, Callouts, and Cloud+) to help you communicate more effectively.
- We updated the filtering process in the Markups List, including improved logic and more useful criteria selections for measurements, dates and more to help you effectively track, manage, and gain insights from the data in your document.
- You can now save filters to use later or on other PDFs.
- Summaries generated from the Markups List can now filter out markup replies for a cleaner report.
- You can now use custom and advanced line styles with most measurement markups to save time and accurately identify different measurement types in your drawings.
- There’s a new “Find Tools & Commands” feature that lets you search for tools and commands throughout Revu to help you find what you’re looking for, faster.
- We’ve added support for AutoCAD/AutoCAD LT 2021, Navisworks 2021, and SketchUp Pro 2020.
Installing & Updating
- Fixed an installation issue causing some users to get a “Given key not present in dictionary” error.
- Corrected a problem for international installations that was causing the default measurement unit to change from centimeters to inches when updating Revu.
- Improved performance with files containing CCITT-encoded images.
- Images no longer appear as black boxes when using the SKIA rendering engine.
- Fixed a problem with pages getting rotated when printed from Revit.
- Corrected a problem that was making some AutoCAD blocks containing wipeouts turn solid black when printed from other PDF viewers.
- AutoCAD files no longer display text masking in Revu or when physically printed.
- Improved the Revit plugin’s ability to convert Rooms into Spaces.
- Fixed a problem that was preventing users in certain environments from sending Studio invitations to users outside of their domain.
- You can now filter Records items in Studio Session reports.
- Usernames over 50 characters no longer prevented from joining Sessions.
- Adding large groups to a Project’s User Access list now works properly.
- You can rotate markups by fractional degrees again.
- Corrected a problem that was letting users try to merge Counts across pages even though that functionality is not supported.
- Snapshot working correctly pages with Legends.
- Radius node can now be moved for lines that have been converted to arc.
- Subject and Label fields now auto-complete correctly when that option is enabled.
- Fixed Height and Width columns issue with rotated pages.
- Fixed a problem that was causing a page to stay selected after copying and pasting it from the Thumbnails panel.
- Reordering thumbnails no longer causes page labels to shift to other pages.
- Corrected an issue that was causing Revu to revert to Full Page Mode and lose the zoom level/location when the user changed pages from the Thumbnails panel while zoomed in on a part of the page.
- Bluebeam PDF Printer now respects orientation settings when printing from within Revu.
- Improved PDF bookmarks created by Bluebeam Stapler.
- Other bug fixes across all parts of Revu.
02 June 2020
- Added support for Revit 2021
- Added support for Solidworks 2020
- Added a feature to automatically convert BRX stamps found in the Stamps folder into PDF stamps
Customer Development Program
- Added a path within Revu (“Help Make Revu Better” in the Help menu) for customers to join the Customer Development Program
- PDFs created by Chrome or browsers powered by Chromium displaying garbled text in Revu
- After using “Save As” to save PDF to a Studio Project, temporary measurements appear as normal markups
- Revu crashes when copying a Studio Project ID while the Project is loading/opening, depending on connection quality
- Opening File Properties on a file in a “Conflict” state crashes Revu
- Revu crashes when Host adds new User Groups after losing connection
- “Finish Session” option can become inactive under certain circumstances
- Project files that are cut and pasted into a subfolder are going into the parent folder
- Wrong Studio version being shown on Project Settings tab
- The “Manage Notifications” link in the context menu for Studio Projects links to the page for Sessions
- Some users cannot send Studio invitations to users outside of their domain
- Unable to upload file to a v1 Session using a current Revu client
- Some PDFs are rendering patterns as black areas
- Text and graphic elements in some PDFs are not properly rendering and/or appearing faded
- Lines might appear gray or thin and nodes appear as dots in Revu 2019
- Certain line widths and transparencies are not being properly rendered
- Lines from hatch patterns might be duplicated when rendered
- The preview pane in Windows Explorer is not showing the full PDF and zooming can cause errors
- Certain layers not showing content in Revu 2019
- Page labels are not being updated when pages are reordered in the Thumbnails panel
- Inserting pages when both files have bookmarks breaks the bookmarks on the inserted file
- Combining files when the first or second file inserted contain no bookmarks breaks the bookmarks for the other files
- Rearranging pages in the Thumbnails panel breaks bookmarks for combined PDFs if bookmark would have to move to a new parent
- Batch slip sheeting files on a network drive breaks relative hyperlinks when using “Insert Revised Pages” and “Copy Markups” options
- Inserting or deleting pages of a PDF with bookmarks created using a 2019 version of the Bluebeam Stapler causes those bookmarks to break
- Stapling files when the first file contains no bookmarks breaks the bookmarks for the other files
- An exception error is encountered when performing an in-app update from pre-2019.1.16 version of Revu
- 3D conversion process failing to read license when opening IFC files and converting them to 3D PDF in Revu
- Batch Sign & Seal process failing when Entrust 3rd-party digital signature is selected
- Users signing documents in Revu with specific certificates get “Input String was not in a correct format” error
- Full screen hover bar still appearing after changing to “Markup Mode”
- “Subject” and “Label” in Measurements are not auto-completing even when that option is enabled
- Textboxes lose all edited settings and revert to default font when “Autosize Font” is enabled and user presses ESC to exit Edit mode
- Adding revisions to a Set with relative hyperlinks causes the links to break
- Some users are unable to use Stamps after updating to Revu 2019.0.20
- Option to import BRX stamps still present even though BRX stamps have been deprecated
- Incorrect transparency created using DWG to PDF.pc3 with the AutoCAD plugin
- Markups created by Autani application not displaying in Revu
- PDFs created by the Miro collaboration tool displaying garbled text in Revu
- Cannot convert multi-page RVT file using Revit plugin when the file is stored in BIM 360 cloud without using the Desktop Connector
31 March 2020
- Exception Error encountered when performing in-app update
- Certain PDFs showing lines of text as thick, black lines
- Bluebeam Previewer not showing PDFs in full scale and zooming causes errors
- All “Report an Issue” emails defaulting to firstname.lastname@example.org regardless of language selected
- Document canvas shakes when navigating some documents in certain environments
03 March 2020
After releasing Revu 2019.1 on March 3, 2020, we identified three issues in the release: an issue affecting the Windows Explorer/Outlook PDF previewer, one related to installation, and another related to display issues when viewing certain documents. These issues were resolved in the 2019.1.16 release.
As a cautionary measure, we removed Revu 2019.1 from the Downloads page as of 10 March 2020. If you have any questions, please contact our Support team.
- Added support for Navisworks 2020
- Added support for SketchUp 2019
- Updated Japanese translation of Revu and related resources
- Improved load times for file types, especially scanned images
Measurements and Markups
- Cloud+ markup callout start point moving when certain properties are changed before placing from tool chest
- Certain properties not appearing in the Dynamic Properties Toolbar when markup line style changed to “Cloud”
- Subject and Label properties remaining locked when a markup is locked then unlocked
- Multiple quick Undo operations causing Revu to crash
- Polyline and Rectangle markups not being properly reset under specific conditions
- Markups sometimes disappearing after clicking hyperlink
- Auto size text preference changing when moving text box
- Text alignment in text box reverting to Left Justified when text is changed
- Custom colors appearing as black when attempting to change color on grouped markups
- Some dropdown lists in the Dynamic Properties Toolbar truncating on certain monitor configurations
- Changing the subject of a Sequence in the Properties panel breaks the Sequence markup group
- Sketch to Scale measurements inconsistent when X and Y measurements use different scales/units
- When an invalid scale is set, the field with the invalid scale is not being highlighted
- Pressing ENTER to enter values not working in some places
- Placing only one Count with a caption from Tool Chest doesn’t show the caption until the count is moved
- Calibration units defaulting to inches even when scale set to metric
- Some escape methods not working when adding a Viewport
- Subject and Label properties incorrect when some markups are grouped
- Changing the units on a count creating errors in width, height, or depth
- Switching documents sometimes causing wrong measurement units to be shown
- Calibrating and applying a scale after placing a measurement causing issues when placing subsequent measurements
- Measurements not updating to new calibration on “Apply Scale”
- Styling problem with disabled items in Measurement menu on Measurement panel
- Incorrect totals shown in Dynamic Properties Toolbar for some measurements before placement
- Centroid icon staying highlighted when disabled in Measurement panel
- “Show caption” unable to disable from measurements doc tab
- Radius type defaulting to 3-point type
- Measurement tools not staying highlighted
- Count markups grouping with other markup types
- Default properties for 3-point radius measurement not being saved
- Insufficient warning when deleting all viewports from a document
- Memory leak when using Count tool on certain PDFs
- Dimension markup losing center control point after scrolling pages
- Copying a Count with a custom formula creating inaccurate counts
- Save as Append feature in Word Bluebeam plugin failing
- Revit: Export rooms to spaces with all views and sheets selected gives wrong output file
- AutoCAD: Errors in log file after converting 3D file
- Revit: Warning appears when converting PDF from Revit with an Open license
- SketchUp: Plugin crashes SketchUp when exporting
- Solidworks: Plugin still appearing in the Bluebeam Administrator after uninstalling
- Plugin for AutoCAD not keeping Layout Name Only settings on second plot/pdf
- Cancelling certain batch processes causes an exception that doesn’t clean up correctly
- Switching pages when loading a document with many pages causing rendering problems
- Rendering problems under specific configurations for things not in the document window
- Disconnecting from or reconnecting to External displays causes open document’s canvas to disappear (GPU Rendering Only)
- Highlight Viewports not causing Canvas Refresh
- Inconsistent results when searching folders/subfolders, & recents
- Artifacts after closing last document in Visual Search tab
- Cancelling Search not working
- Visual Search status message getting cut off
- Sequences being duplicated if deleted then undone while offline
- Saving a file to Projects and placing measurements before closing and reopening the file dirties the document
- Projects: invoking edit action causing the split window to open
- Uploading/downloading file to a subfolder level with long path failing silently without error message
- Going online with a Rogue edit after the file has been sent to a Session does not cause the file to be “In Conflict”
- Some Project dashboard options not showing after switching from View Mode
- Studio: Active server can be deleted via the Delete key on the keyboard which causes Revu to crash when the settings are saved
- Non-WinForms doc tabs display incorrectly after toggling Auto-Hide Tabs off
- In Studio Project details view, right-clicking on an empty column name area brings up wrong context menu
- Studio Session tabs for Records/Notications/Pending flickering
- Delete, Undo markups in Session not updating in document thumbnail until user hovers over the thumbnail
- Projects: Hyperlink feature incorrectly showing as enabled for checked-in documents
- Projects: Reconnecting after losing access leaves connection icon in limbo state
- Studio Enterprise: File in Studio Projects Adopt Sibling Folder’s Permissions instead of Parent’s
- Empty string in a Studio allowlist crashes Revu
- Launching Revu by opening a PDF when Studio Panel is active and set to “Keep me signed in” generates debug.log
- Projects: opening a file in a certain Project causing “An item with the same key has already been added” error
- Exceptions when saving U3D file upon closing Revu
- Error when trying to load bookmark structure after restoring settings
- Using Capture with some cameras causes Revu to crash
- Batch Sign & Seal completion dialog shows 100% when the process is not complete
- Some digital signature images do not display in Revu
- Stapler shortcut not placed on desktop during MSI install when command line calls for it
- Error registering Revu via Bluebeam Administrator
- Revu Preferences not opening under certain configurations
- Installing Revu and then registering with a Standard or CAD license generates warning that features are disabled on launch
- PDF properties fields cut off tails on some letters
- Bookmarks not working properly when combining PDF with bookmarks with another PDF that was converted from Word
- Encryption information potentially revealed in error message under specific circumstances
- Tablet/Surface: user can reorder pages on Session and Secured files via thumbnails tab and cause shifted markups
- Unable to add tags after selecting Remove all Tags from the Tag Preferences dialog
- Custom Categories not appearing in Category list when adding documents to a Set with Categories set to ‘Manual’
- Reuse Stamp reverting to a previously used stamp
- Dynamic text “User” in a stamp references username in Revu Preferences. The same stamp used in a Batch process references Windows username
- Markup Summary: Checking/cancelling Custom Filter on some columns when creating summary crashes Revu
- When “Format Numbers” CSV Export preference is unchecked, Totals remain formatted with non-breaking spaces as thousandths separator.
- Insert Pages with Interleave Pages turned on not working
- Grouped markup becomes ungrouped after changing Subject on the Properties panel
- Intermittent scrolling in Single Page mode
- Tool tips not appearing for Dynamic Fill toolbar
- Scrolling up on a multi-page PDF in Continuous Mode unexpectedly jumps to incorrect position in document
- Undocked Markup List can’t be resized beyond a certain dimension.
- Revu might open a default PDF instead of Welcome tab after being uninstalled/reinstalled if Open PDF on Startup had been set
- Opening a large collection of documents can trigger race condition error.
- Revu experiences launch errors on Windows 7
- Edit text causing text to disappear
- Custom RGB value in color palette with value ’12’ or ‘120’ switching value when document is saved
- Files created by Archicad 22.0 publisher throwing errors on second open and corrupting on save in Revu
- Computer Name no longer writing to the Start Event in the Revu.log
- Visual Search not highlighting selected items on the page
- Deleting .tdl cache files while document is open causing errors
- Cannot Delete Pages from file with a named destinations with a null page reference
- Sandy Bridge Intel processors using the onboard GPU incompatible with Hardware Rendering
- Revu crashes when rendering a file on systems with a Matrox M9148 LP PCIe x16 GPU
- Launching the Bluebeam Stapler 2019 with Open Licensing results in registration error
- Revu registered with an Open License triggering a message stating user is offline when they utilize BBPrint
- Running Batch Hyperlink under a custom Profile causes Revu to Freeze
13 January 2020
- Fixed some crashing issues occurring on systems using certain GPUs.
- Corrected a memory leak issue related to the Count tool.
- Solved a problem preventing Preferences from opening.
- Addressed some font rendering issues.
- Improved the Search tool to correct inconsistent results when searching subfolders.
- Fixed an issue that could cause Project files to become inaccessible.
- Made a few back-end enhancements and fixed some other minor bugs.
29 October 2019
Our fastest version yet is here. Pan and zoom quicker than ever before, while enjoying better overall speed and performance. Take faster, more accurate measurements with a new automatic prompt for setting
scale. And easily deploy and standardize Revu across teams with our new Configuration Editor.
Set Scale improvements
- New Set Scale dialog automatically prompts to calibrate or input a known scale, ensuring correct scale on all pages.
- Quickly apply a known scale to a file, using new preset options for common imperial and metric measurements.
- Apply a scale to a page range.
- View or modify page scale from the Thumbnails panel or the Navigation toolbar.
Measurement properties enhancements
- New Units dropdown for measurements in Properties Toolbar allow easy selection of desired units for independent measurement values.
- Markups saved to the Tool Chest retain their selected Units settings.
- Option to show or hide measurement tools at the top of the Measurements panel.
- Revu now displays a preview of the running total of measurement values when placing measurement markups.
- New detachable Totals dropdown in Properties Toolbar displays applicable totaled values for selected measurements.
- Added viewport option to “Clear All from Page,” which allows removal of viewports from a single page.
- New hardware-accelerated rendering engine provides significant improvements to speed and performance of panning and zooming in PDFs.
- Improved performance and memory usage when working in multiple split screens.
- Rendering preview of surrounding areas on a document.
Automatic In-App Update Notifications
- New automatic in-app update service displays a notification at start-up when a new version of Revu is available for download.
- This update service and notifications will be first available upon release of the next point update.
- The in-app update can be skipped to be downloaded at another time.
- The availability of these in-app updates can also be controlled by administrators deploying Revu using the new Configuration Editor.
- New Configuration Editor provides a simplified interface allowing enterprise administrators to more easily set up new deployments, patch deployments, and other feature customization options (including the deployment of profiles, tool sets,
and other extensions) to be enabled through installation.
- Additional guides and installation packages are available on the Enterprise Deployment site: https://support.bluebeam.com/articles/enterprise-installation/.
- Added support for Revit 2020, AutoCAD 2020, AutoCAD LT 2020, Solidworks 2019, and Microsoft Office 2019.
- Open Default PDF: New setting in Preferences allows for opening a selected PDF each time Revu is launched. Files may be stored on a network folder, local machine, configured DMS, or Studio Projects, allowing for easier
to a PDF dashboard or other frequently used PDFs.
- New option added to MSI to disable the “Follow Host” feature in Studio Sessions during Revu deployment.
- Bookmarks, Places and Hyperlinks are now updated to point to the newest revision when replacing pages in Batch Slip Sheet. New Preference setting also enables this behavior when inserting pages during Batch Slip Sheet.
- Added Invite button to Dynamic Properties Toolbar in Studio Projects.
- View Mode now supports saving fillable forms.
- Certain Bluebeam Administrator settings related to Revu are now accessible through Revu Preferences, including: Reset Settings, Backup Settings, Restore Settings, Use as Default PDF Viewer, Net Config settings, and access to Revu Logs.
- Quantity Link now displays “Invalid: Mixed Units” message in Excel for measurement totals with different selected units.
- Document appearance flickered when resizing screens or re-rendering measurements.
- Certain documents intermittently displayed blank content after saving or idling.
- Editing text in Text markups or PDF content occasionally caused document flickering, instability, or content to appear blank.
- In split screen with Horizontal Scrollbars Preference enabled, documents in split views temporarily appeared blank until selected.
- PNG images did not appear in print preview or when printed, while using hardware rendering.
- Scrolling through pages in split screen or certain view modes navigated to incorrect page.
- When application was minimized in taskbar while rendering, window intermittently could not be reopened.
- PDF content temporarily appeared blank when adding markups while panning in document.
- When using hardware rendering, Disable Line Weight setting was not visibly applied until interacting with document view.
- Poor performance in hardware rendering mode occurred after locking/unlocking and moving many markups at once.
- In certain files, thumbnails and document occasionally hung when scrolling to specific page while simultaneously opening files.
- Improvements to Studio stability issues intermittently that caused unexpected disconnections.
- Studio login dialog flashed upon Revu launch when “Keep me signed in” was enabled.
- Tooltips in Studio Session record panel closed too quickly.
- Removing all servers from Studio allowlist caused application to crash.
- In Studio Sessions, filtering Markups List view by Status needed to be re-applied to display new status changes to other users’ markups.
- Switching from View Mode to Markup Mode did not reenable certain functions related to Studio Sessions.
- Menu to send Studio Project files to existing Sessions was not scrollable.
- Unsuccessful Studio login when Windows setting for web content language was disabled.
- Error occurred when applying certain Digital Signatures with custom appearances including image files.
- When adding Digital Signatures from certain Certificate Authorities, signatures appeared briefly but were not applied.
- Unsuccessful application of digital signatures using certificates issued by Comodo.
Markups and measurements
- Highlight tool incorrectly selected text aligned with bottom of cursor.
- Grouped markups on rotated pages displayed with incorrect rotation in Legends.
- Markup control points were not visible if document view was rotated 270 degrees.
- Pen tool markups created with Surface Pen stylus appeared jagged.
- Stamps added with Batch Apply Stamp did not display correct Opacity.
- When selecting a Status for a markup, the Markups List scroll reset to top of the list.
- Arrow keys stopped navigating document after resuming a Count markup.
- Count column in Markups List incorrectly displayed total of “1” for counts created in Revu 2016.
- Fill Color palette in Properties panel did not display “No Fill” option when grouped markups or multiple markups were selected.
- Certain Dynamic Text was not appearing correctly when using Batch Apply Stamp.
- Copying and splitting Count markups created in Revu 2016 or earlier caused incorrect selection of Counts.
- Length measurement updated incorrectly and label was temporarily hidden after label was adjusted in Properties panel.
- Markups List column display order incorrectly reset to default order when Manage Columns dialog was opened.
- Invalid loading of Roboto font caused freezing or missing text in installation dialogs, especially in Windows 7 environments.
- Files with XRefs crashed when creating 3D PDFs from AutoCAD plugin.
- Object Reference Error occurred when opening certain secured PDFs.
- Object Reference Error intermittently appeared when closing documents.
- Object Reference Error caused by combining files with hyperlinks through the Stapler.
- Application hung when closing Properties panel with uncommitted changes, or when navigating from Rotation field with Tab key.
- Intermittent crashes occurred when saving files to an unavailable network drive.
- Installation dialogs occasionally hung when updating to new point release, requiring application restart.
- For newly created or combined PDFs with unsaved changes, extracting pages as separate files displayed error and closed Revu.
- Slow performance and increased memory usage caused by switching between Profiles.
Additional improvements and fixes
- Blank Panel Access toolbar appeared when reopening Revu with no panels on right side.
- Error occurred when opening IRS W-9 fillable form.
- Next/Previous view buttons intermittently navigated to incorrect page.
- Bookmark views and child bookmark organization not retained in certain files when combined through Stapler.
- Issues printing files opened through BfX.
- Duplicate annotation references caused Markups List and Hyperlinks panel to not load correctly.
- Changes to selection in Page Range field when Printing not set as default for future print jobs.
- Deleting pages from Thumbnails intermittently caused Revu to hang.
- Closing document tabs intermittently caused tabs to appear blank.
- Print Preview did not update when Auto-detect page size was selected.
- Printing files with “Document Only” option selected prints with blank page.
- Certain functions may have appeared disabled when Windows display language was set to certain non-English regions.
- Hyperlinks to SharePoint Online 2016 returned 403 Forbidden error.
- Page Labels and Bookmarks created with AutoMark were not displaying subsequent page regions for certain files.
- With certain “What to Plot” configuration in Revit plugin, converted PDFs were occasionally missing bookmarks or views.
- Issue occurred when logging in to SharePoint 2010 when configured to use pnp:ListInstance.
- Access to libraries stored in Global Assembly Cache may have failed when conflicting versions are shared with other applications.
23 July 2019
- Error message was not displayed when attempting to use the Revu full installation package instead of the patch installation package.
- Updating to a newer version of Revu using the patching installation package would hang or take longer than expected in some circumstances.
- Changing profiles resulted in removing tools from “My Tools” tool set.
- An object reference exception error was intermittently displayed when closing Revu.
- Multiple pop-up messages displayed when using the Bluebeam PDF printer if the BBprint.log was deleted while the BBprint.exe was stilling running.
- A “Signature Invalid, Document Altered” message displayed when signing documents using IdenTrust Global Common (IGC) certificate.
- Compatibility issues with some smart card readers caused digital signatures to fail to complete.
- Compatibility issues with digital certificates intended for signing and securing emails with S/MIME encryption.
- Error displayed when applying third-party digital signatures with custom appearances containing a graphic file.
- Already rendered content would flicker when starting to draw a markup, then panning the document to a new region of the page and adjusting the markup shape before it’s placed (via small mouse movements and mouse clicks).
- Using tab button to commit rotation change for some markup tools caused Revu to crash.
- Switching or closing the Properties panel before committing change to property value caused Revu to crash.
- An increase in memory consumption could slow down Revu in specific scenarios when closing a document, un-splitting or switching views, or when leaving Revu open for an extended period.
- Adding count measurements to a document in a Studio Session and then undoing the count and clicking “leave session” caused Revu to freeze.
- Using “close all” tabs function caused Revu to intermittently crash.
- Inserting pages with hyperlinks prevented some documents from being reopened or used for other processes.
01 May 2019
- Addressed an issue where documents that remained open for an extended amount of time caused the document content to go blank or disappear and intermittently caused Revu to freeze.
- Addressed an issue where panning and zooming before the rendering completed in a document containing large images caused Revu to crash.
- Addressed an issue where some documents had content accuracy issues when using the Skia rendering engine.
- Addressed an issue where deleting multiple thumbnails in a document with broken hyperlinks would cause Revu to crash with an error.
- Addressed an issue where using the Save As function with the thumbnails panel open would sometimes cause Revu to freeze.
- Addressed an issue where updating the status of a lot of markups caused Studio Sessions to freeze.
- Addressed an issue in Studio Sessions where the Critical Operation dialog never completed and Revu needed to be restarted.
21 February 2019
- Addressed an issue where clicking a hyperlink on a markup between PDFs would cause Revu to freeze.
- Addressed an issue where editing text caused the content to disappear.
- Addressed an issue in Sessions where transactions on certain markups were not ending, causing markups to go missing.
- Addressed an issue in Projects, where Batch Slip Sheet was not functioning properly on multi-page documents.
15 November 2018
- Fixed an issue where Revu may not launch because it incorrectly determined that a user did not have permissions to temp folders.
25 October 2018
- If Revu detects that invalid changes were made to digitally signed documents, Revu will now allow you to view the original signed document.
- If Revu detects that invalid changes were made to a digitally signed document, Revu will now keep a log of all the changes that were made after a document has been signed. This allows you to know exactly what changes were made to invalidate the signatures. The current log only tracks any addition or deletion of annotations.
- Added support for IGC Certificates.
- Redesigned the Studio tab in preferences. The Options tab now contains all the Studio settings, while all server management information is now contained in the Servers tab.
- Studio Projects now maintain last used Split View window size.
- List View in Projects now maintains customized column order.
- Adding, deleting or editing markups will now display an uploading indicator next to the markup.
- Addressed an issue where the PDF Printer and plugins failed to created PDFs.
- Addressed an issue in page labels where if the page label started with a zero, it would not display the zero.
- Addressed an issue where Open License would sometimes take longer to acquire the license.
- Addressed an issue where after processing Batch Slip Sheet, the page label order was not maintained.
- Addressed an issue where markups created by Apple Previewer were not displaying.
- Addressed an issue in Batch Print where trying to copy multiple copies of a file with collate enabled would only print the file once.
- Addressed an issue where pasting multi-line text into a custom text column would sometimes cause Revu to crash.
- Addressed an issue where using Batch Slip Sheet on documents in a Project would check out all the documents.
- Addressed an issue for Cloud+ markup where adding it to the Tool Chest with a custom subject was not retained when using the tool.
- Addressed an issue in Batch Header and Footer where deleting the existing header and footer using the “Delete All” option would lock the files.
- Addressed an issue where creating PDFs from AutoCAD 2019 could sometimes prompt an error that a licensed version of AutoCAD is not activated.
- Addressed an issue where file selection was not working for Quantity Link.
- Addressed an issue where changing the color of a line markup in the Properties panel could cause the pages to reorder.
- Addressed an issue in Number Pages where the custom start value was not working if there was no prefix.
- Addressed an issue in Batch dialogs where selecting “Open Set” was only adding the first file.
- Addressed an issue where custom columns with no values was not listed in the Columns tab.
- Addressed an issue in Batch Summary where column reordering is not maintained with save configuration if “Show Empty Columns” is enabled.
- Addressed an issue where volume measurement markups could not be placed in documents with untitled view ports.
- Addressed an issue in the Markups List where filtering by blank layers would not work.
- Addressed an issue where intranet hyperlinks were not working correctly.
- Addressed an issue where document view did not refresh when toggling layer visibility or deleting layers.
- Addressed an issue where printing from the Windows Explorer via the right-click menu was not working correctly.
- Addressed an issue where selecting a markup and then clicking a hyperlink to a different page caused the markup to shift.
- Addressed an issue where adjusting Polygon control points could cause Revu to freeze or crash.
- Addressed an issue in Number Pages where inputting a number greater than 100 in the start field would revert to 100.
- Addressed an issue where exiting the Make a Suggestion WebTab before it finished loading could cause Revu to hang.
- Addressed an issue where recreating a file with image markups breaks the image markups.
- Addressed an issue in number type columns where if the selected markup has a null value, it will display the value of the previously selected markup.
- Addressed an issue where header and footer edits only applied to the first page.
- Addressed an issue where the Line Style preference box would close when adjusting the up/down arrows.
- Addressed an issue where a count placed outside of a Space would be included to a different count total if moved into the Space.
- Addressed an issue where applying counts to VisualSearch results would sometimes apply double count to a single object.
- Addressed an issue in VisualSearch where the “Include Sub-Folders” option was missing.
- Addressed an issue where the up/down arrow keys and page up/down keys were not correctly increasing/decreasing values for numeric fields.
- Addressed an issue in Batch Apply Redaction where the custom page range could not be inputted.
- Addressed an issue in Reduce File Size where the configured advanced options were not being applied.
- Addressed an issue where pressing tab on a Rectangle Sketch to Scale markup would cause the background of a PDF to disappear.
- Addressed an issue where opening the Sessions setting dialog twice would sometimes cause the dialog to automatically close.
- Addressed an issue for custom statuses where selecting a default model and state was not working properly.
- Addressed an issue where specific files were not rendering in Skia.
- Addressed an issue where doing multiple searches would sometimes not refresh properly and only show previous results.
- Addressed some rendering issues related to blurry images and text not displaying.
- Addressed an issue where verifying multiple documents with signature would sometimes cause Revu to hang.
- Addressed an issue in Batch Apply Stamp where X and Y coordinates would be limited to 100.
- Addressed an issue for Cloud+ markups where the no fill option could not be selected from the Properties panel.
- Addressed an issue where bookmarks were no longer working after a PDF is combined in Revu or Stapler.
- Addressed an issue where PDFs produced by Vectorworks were not rendering properly using Skia.
- Addressed an issue where Snapshot for specific files would sometimes not work using Skia.
- Addressed an issue where running Reduce File Size would not prompt to Save As and just save over the current document.
- Addressed an issue where the “Rotate All Pages by Default” option in Preferences was not applied when using the Rotate function in the toolbar.
- Addressed an issue in the Properties panel where the text custom column was only limited to 268 characters.
- Addressed an issue for Counts where copy and pasting a group of counts would sometimes not update correctly in the custom column.
- Addressed an issue for Counts where configuring the custom columns from the Properties panel was sometimes not applying.
- Addressed an issue where clicking on a Session document multiple times will start multiple downloads of the same document.
- Addressed an issue where finalizing a Session would remove the attendees and the markups created by those attendees.
- Addressed an issue where hyperlinks to some SharePoint files would fail to open and prompt an error.
- Addressed an issue in XML and CSV summary where Format Number option is always on.
- Addressed an issue in the Summary settings where sorting by custom column with blank value did not show as primary sort.
- Addressed an issue where files that are added to batch processes but are not applied to still appear as if changes have been made.
- Addressed an issue where deleting markups offline would show a blank entry in the Pending tab.
- Addressed issues where newly created markups sometimes failed to upload to the cloud and appear “stuck” in the Pending tab.
- Addressed issues where bad connection could sometimes lead to failed uploads causing pending items to lose property changes.
- Addressed issues where placing lots of markups on a document could cause the pending queue to hang.
- Addressed issues where adding, deleting or undoing markups would sometimes not update for other attendees.
- Addressed issues where some markup changes appear out of order for some attendees.
- Addressed issues where Cloud+ markups could sometimes have missing clouds.
- Addressed issues where leaving a Session with pending markups or closing multiple documents at once could sometimes cause Revu to hang.
- Addressed an issue where uploading pending markups such as Cloud+, Callouts, or Text would sometimes result in missing text.
13 August 2018
- Updated color scheme (dark/light mode) based on theme in Preferences.
- Added the ability to sort files in Thumbnails View.
- Added thumbnail file preview in Thumbnails View.
- Added a prompt to open files in Split View.
- Added functionality to always open Project tabs in the same window if using Split View.
- Improvements to Studio stability issues intermittently causing unexpected disconnections and issues leaving a Studio Session with pending markups.
- Updated UI and improved performance of preview handler.
- Added functionality to reset all page labels to match the current page numbers.
- Addressed an issue where digital signatures were being marked as invalid because of missing certifications.
- Addressed an issue where digital signatures were being marked as invalid because of invalid changes that were applied after signing.
- Addressed an issue where the GlobalSign® SHA-256 certificate authority could not be verified.
- Addressed an issue where applying an Entrust signature can take couple minutes.
- Addressed an issue where signatures and timestamps created outside of Revu were marked as invalid in Revu.
- Addressed an issue where valid IdenTrust signatures were showing as invalid.
- Addressed an issue where adding multiple digital signatures would cause Revu to invalidate the some or all signatures on the document.
- Added validation for digital signatures based on timestamp when document was signed.
- Addressed an issue where attempting to sign a PDF with a revoked certificate would fail without any error messages.
- Addressed an issue where signing a PDF would use the computer’s clock instead of the timestamp server.
Batch Slip Sheet
- Addressed an issue in Batch Slip Sheet where for certain files, the markups will fail to copy to the new revision.
- Addressed an issue in Batch Slip Sheet where flattened markups were not being carried over when “Flatten Markups after Copy” was selected.
- Addressed an issue in Batch Slip Sheet where hyperlinks associated to flattened markups were broken.
- Addressed an issue where hyperlinks were breaking after using Batch Slip Sheet.
- Addressed an issue where bookmarks would break after doing a Batch Slip Sheet.
- Addressed an issue causing slow syncing of Studio Project files in sub-folders.
- Addressed an issue where documents in Studio Projects could not be opened from Recents.
- Addressed an issue in Sessions where undoing multiple group markups from the dropdown would not update for other attendees in the Session.
- Addressed an issue where Quantity Link would incorrectly update values for linked cells.
- Addressed an issue where “No Fill” in the color picker was not available when selecting multiple markups.
- Addressed an issue in Page Setup where offset units were not being updated correctly.
- Addressed an issue where Internet Explorer® plugin was not working with certain files.
- Addressed an issue where editing the subject of a grouped markup in a tool set would cause the markup to be ungrouped and lose control points.
- Addressed an issue in Batch Stamp where negative values could not be input in the X/Y fields.
- Addressed an issue where documents saved to network location could not be opened.
- Addressed an issue in the Measurements panel where the total column will not sum the total when adding any consecutive measurement markups.
- Addressed an issue in Layers where selecting “Show Print Layers” and then changing the print options on layers were not updating them correctly.
- Addressed an issue where the Length tool caption was not positioned correctly when drawing from right to left.
- Addressed an issue where some text did not appear in the PDF when converting a Word document to PDF.
- Addressed an issue where a comma was an invalid decimal separator in numeric fields for different languages.
- Addressed an issue where assigning a layer to a member of a group does not assign the layer to the entire group.
- Addressed an issue where panels could not be dragged and dropped to the bottom if there were no panels already attached at the bottom.
- Addressed an issue where the whole Set would get added to a Batch process instead of the selected PDFs.
- Addressed an issue where after placing a count markup and then undoing it, the count markup would reappear when document is reopened.
- Addressed an issue where the option to clear certificate was not visible.
- Addressed an issue where registering an Open License will get stuck if attempted multiple times.
- Addressed an issue where the Flags panel would not refresh when switching between documents in Split View.
- Addressed an issue where panels could not be opened by keyboard shortcuts.
- Addressed an issue in Batch Crop where the Get Window functionality was not working after making a selection.
- Addressed an issue in Studio Projects where some context menu items were missing in Details View for certain files.
- Addressed an issue where hyperlinks created in Word to a mapped network drive did not work once it was created as a PDF by the plugin.
- Addressed an issue where using Shift + Click to multi-select hyperlinks was not working.
- Addressed an issue when calibrating with Separate Vertical Scale enabled where updating the X value would update the Y value instead.
- Addressed an issue where the No Fill option in the color picker was not working when multi-selecting markups with different fill colors.
- Addressed an issue where empty columns were not being included in the CSV summary.
- Addressed an issue where creating a Print Summary would fail if Spaces Cover Sheet was enabled.
- Addressed an issue where permission cannot be set for a user who joined an unrestricted Project without an invitation.
- Addressed an issue where sorting the servers in the Manage Servers dialog was not updating the dropdown list in the Studio panel.
- Addressed an issue where clicking the hyperlink to execute did not highlight the link in the document.
- Addressed an issue where resuming a count onto a second page would duplicate the count.
- Addressed an issue in the Properties panel where selecting edit columns will not display all the available columns.
- Addressed an issue where Unflatten progress dialog displayed as flattening.
- Addressed an issue where opening and closing the Manage Columns dialog would crop the columns flyout in the Markups List menu.
- Addressed an issue where renaming a folder with the same name as an existing folder would not display an error message and fail.
- Addressed an issue in the Layers panel where the Print option could not be edited when Show Print Layers was selected.
- Addressed an issue where text was overlapping in the Properties panel for PDF/A documents.
- Addressed an issue where an error message would not display when using the format painter to change the color of markup with a custom status.
- Addressed an issue where stamp previews were being cut off in the Apply Stamp dialog.
- Addressed an issue where email templates did not support email addresses with top level domains that had more than four characters.
- Addressed an issue where the temp subject for Cloud tool would say Polygon instead of Cloud.
- Addressed an issue where the highlight when selecting a tool in the Tool Chest does not reset when selecting other tools.
- Addressed an issue where creating a Table Summary of documents with lots of markups would insert blank pages to the summary created.
- Addressed an issue in Sets where multi-selecting items in the categories preferences and then deleting was only deleting one item.
- Addressed an issue in Quantity Link where opening linked Excel® files and updating linked values were slow.
- Addressed an issue where the “Create 3D PDF” would cause AutoCAD 2018 to crash for certain files.
- Addressed an issue where opening a second file from ProjectWise® Explorer would fail.
- Addressed an issue where extracting pages from a certified document was allowed.
- Addressed an issue where once a custom status gets saved to a profile, all the statuses created after are saved to the profile by default.
- Addressed an issue where the search field in the Markups List was missing the clear content icon.
- Addressed an issue where the security presets that are applied via the change permission dropdown are not applied because it does not prompt for a password.
- Addressed an issue where feature usage tracking may have become unintentionally enabled while upgrading to 2018.1. Silent deployment configurations of 2018.2 will default to the disabled state unless the user specifically opts in. Please note all data is attributed to anonymized users, is never shared, and is used to help identify usage frequency for a given feature.
22 May 2018
- Bluebeam is now GDPR compliant. To learn more about GDPR and the updates we have made, please visit our website.
- Added “Join Session” option in the Navigation panel.
- Added additional file information in List View:
- Date Modified
- Date Created
- Checked Out By
- Last Checked In By
- Added the ability to create a new Studio Project from the File menu.
- The following customizations will be saved per user and applied to all Projects:
- “Last Used” view type (Thumbnails/List view).
- Show/Hide Files option.
- Last used Columns in List View.
- Last used Column sort in List View.
- Show/Hide Expand Navigation option.
- Added the ability to preview a PDF by hovering over files in the Navigation panel and List View.
- Removed “Do Not Show Again” option in the Project File Delete dialog.
- Added server-switching dropdown to the Studio Panel.
- Added default US and UK Studio servers.
- Projects and Sessions can be created in the UK server.
- Added compatibility for AutoCAD®
- Added compatibility for Navisworks®
- Added compatibility for Revit®
- Updated icons for plugins.
- Decreased the margins in the tree view.
- Added Label field when multiple Measurement markups are selected.
- New deployment configuration option to require users to create a PIN to access Studio offline functionality.
- New deployment configuration option to allow certain users to only access Revu® in View Mode.
- Simplified installation experience.
- Updated migration process for Studio cache data when upgrading to 2018.1.
- Addressed an issue where bookmarks could not be renamed in the Bookmarks Panel.
- Addressed an issue where tooltips were not showing in the Status Bar.
- Addressed an issue where custom line styles did not display until Manage Line Style Set was opened.
- Addressed an issue where count markups would duplicate after resuming count.
- Addressed an issue where count markups would disappear after placing the count using Esc or Enter key.
- Addressed an issue where the initial focus in the Calibration dialog would be set to “Ok” instead of the input field.
- Addressed an issue where Reuse was not automatically enabled for Measurement tools added to the Tool Chest.
- Addressed an issue where keyboard shortcuts were missing for the Save dialog.
- Addressed an issue where “Replaced Checked” option for search results was not working.
- Addressed an issue where hyperlinks to non-PDFs in Excel that were converted using the plugin resulted in broken hyperlinks.
- Addressed an issue where IFC files could not be added from the Add and Edit 3D Content dialog.
- Addressed an issue where the Batch Script Manager got cutoff when too many files were added.
- Addressed an issue where opening certain Sets from Studio would remove files from the Set.
- Addressed an issue where saving the 3D default view would not save.
- Addressed an issue where users with full control permission in Studio Sessions could not add documents to the Session.
- Addressed an issue where CSV totals summary showed zero for the Measurement column if several Measurement markups had different units.
- Addressed an issue where the Add Document dialog in Sessions was not able to access different DMS options.
- Addressed an issue where some files could become corrupted during save.
- Addressed an issue where having AutoCAD, ProjectWise® and Revu installed would hide the AutoCAD ribbon interface.
- Addressed an issue where using the plugin to create PDFs from AutoCAD was creating display issues.
- Addressed an issue where running Batch Link® would reduce some files to 0 kb.
- Addressed an issue where enabling “Keep Me Signed In” in Studio was not automatically signing users in to the account when opening Revu.
- Addressed an issue in Projects where the downloading dialog would not close after finishing.
- Addressed an issue where downloading a Project at the top level would only download files contained in folders.
- Addressed an issue where Procore® layers were not displaying.
- Addressed an issue where Project files could not be added to Batch functions while offline.
- Addressed an issue where a Session could not be joined after upgrading to Revu 2018 if the Session had a pending item created in Revu 2017.
- Addressed an issue where the X-scale was not calibrating when using “Separate Vertical Scale.”
- Addressed an issue in Sessions where alerts to group markups displayed the group members and not the group name.
- Addressed an issue where closing a Project was not prompting users to close the related Project documents.
- Addressed an issue in Projects where deleting multiple files in a folder and then renaming a file in the same folder would cause the deleted files to reappear.
- Addressed an issue in Projects where renaming a folder duplicated all the files within the folder.
- Addressed an issue in Projects where sorting by the name column would not use alphanumeric sort.
- Addressed an issue where clicking a hyperlink to a URL was not opening the WebTab.
- Addressed an issue where the highlight tool was not assigning the correct layer when applied to text.
- Addressed an issue where snapshots would disappear if you changed the color and reappear once moved.
- Addressed an issue where changing the default text color for text markups before placing the markup would cause it to revert to the previous color after being placed.
- Addressed an issue in Studio Projects where tooltips were not showing for certain actions.
- Addressed an issue where group markups were not included in PDF summaries.
- Addressed an issue where pages were appearing blank after the first page when using a portable scanner.
- Addressed an issue where importing BVL files did not import page settings.
- Addressed an issue where modifying stamp color would hide the stamp.
- Addressed an issue where labels were overlapping in the 2D tab of the Advanced preferences.
- Addressed an issue where selecting multiple counts did not display the shape option in the Properties Toolbar.
- Addressed an issue where the color picker did not highlight the color being used after creating a markup.
- Addressed an issue in the Properties Toolbar where selecting multiple markups within a group would only show the properties of the first selected markup.
- Addressed an issue in the Properties panel where certain properties were misaligned.
- Addressed an issue where using the Ctrl + drag method was not creating curved line segments.
- Addressed an issue where selecting a single markup in a group and then selecting another markup would not refresh the Properties Toolbar.
- Addressed an issue where form fields were not reordering to the top via drag and drop.
- Addressed an issue where count markups were hidden after being placed but reappeared after saving.
- Addressed an issue where count markups would be hidden after resuming a count and then placing the count markup.
- Addressed an issue in the Properties Toolbar where Project creation time was displayed incorrectly.
- Addressed an issue where rotated images that were imported into Revu would not show the correct rotation.
- Addressed an issue where double-clicking to highlight text did not select text.
- Addressed an issue where the modifier Alt + click to select a single markup in a group was not working.
- Addressed an issue where switching between measurements with different units of slopes would change the value to 0.
01 April 2018
- The intuitive interface and simple navigation in Revu® 2018 is designed to put all the right tools right at your fingertips. Updated icons and UI styles enhance legibility and recognition. User experiences have evolved to reduce clicks, maximize screen real estate for documents and help users find valuable features more easily.
- The new menu dropdowns create fewer clicks on average and make it easier to find features. The new menus are also more streamlined to save more screen real estate.
- Panels are exposed on the side rather than tabs within panels. Panels are immediately discoverable and accessible without resizing elements of the UI, which disrupts visibility and flow. A single click on icons to open and close also allow for faster navigation.
- Panels are also updated to include title dropdowns that allow users to easily identify which panels are open while providing relevant tools in the dropdown menu. This provides a simplified user experience when users interact with panels.
- A new Properties toolbar that responds to user action by providing contextually appropriate information and controls, maximizing efficiency by automatically presenting the right tools at the right time. As different tools or markups are selected, users will be presented with a dynamic toolbar that provides immediate access to the most relevant and frequently used controls. Save more screen real estate by reducing the amount of workflow dependent toolbars, such as Font and Line Style, while simplifying workflows.
- More than 40 unique configurations, including:
- Document Properties
- Markup Properties
- Measurement Properties
- Studio Project Tab Properties
- Studio Project Document Properties
- Studio Session Properties
- Studio Projects
- The redesigned Studio Projects integration features an updated tabbed interface, making navigation simple and intuitive. The Studio panel remains focused on the list of available Projects and Sessions and now provides access to multiple Studio Projects simultaneously.
- Users now have a separate Navigation panel with a dashboard that displays Project files and folders. The increased workspace makes working with large numbers of files and folders much easier. Users can easily navigate their panels using the breadcrumbs or the Navigation panel.
- Elevated visibility for common actions (such as upload files, upload folder, check in/out) makes the process of file management easy to learn and consistent at all stages of the Project.
- Addressed an issue in Revit® for Collaboration where multi-page PDFs were printing in the incorrect page size.
- Addressed an issue in Projects where folders and files were still syncing after being excluded from syncing.
- Addressed an issue where converting PDF to TIFF in Stapler resulted in the TIFF files being much larger than the original PDF.
- Addressed an issue where Revu cuts off the right edge when printing on 11×17 paper.
- Addressed an issue where markups were not being sorted correctly when creating a PDF summary.
- Addressed an issue where editing hyperlinks in Projects would execute the hyperlink before the Action dialog came up.
- Addressed an issue where removing temp folders caused certain tools to freeze or disappear.
- Addressed an issue where PDFs could not be opened from search results when searching through current Studio Project.
- Addressed an issue where My Tools was missing when reopening Revu.
- Addressed an issue where Project folders were not refreshing when uploading files.
- Addressed an issue where moving a Project folder would not display in the new location right away.
- Addressed an issue where Batch Plotting with AutoCAD® plugin was missing the Check Dependencies option in the Batch Create dialog.
- Addressed an issue in Projects where the Copy option was missing for users with read-only permission.
- Addressed an issue where drawing logs could not be saved to Studio Projects.
Revu 2017.0.40 – Update 4
12 December 2017
- Addressed an issue where viewing a file in a Set would cause the thumbnail preview and file to continually refresh.
- Addressed an issue where clicking hyperlinks in a Project file would cause the file and panels to reload multiple times before the file opens.
- Addressed an issue where opening Project files from the Recents panel could cause the file to refresh multiple times.
Revu 2017.0.30 – Update 3
17 November 2017
- Addressed an issue that caused some files to have missing markups after finishing a Session.
- Addressed a connection issue to Studio Enterprise Servers that caused file downloads in Sessions to fail.
- Changing the Open Document setting of a Set in a Studio Project no longer causes a “Could not find file” error.
- Addressed an issue that prevented attendees from accessing newly uploaded Project files via links, File Access or batch processes.
- Addressed an issue where opening a Set file would cause a “Could not find file” error and remove the file from the Set.
- Addressed an issue where hyperlinks to subfolders would bring users to the root folder instead.
- Updated Studio cache file to improve security.
- Addressed a timing issue that sometimes caused downloading files in a Studio Session to fail.
- Uploading an existing folder with new files will no longer duplicate existing files and only add the new files.
- Addressed an issue where canceling Sync would only cancel the current file and not the entire sync process.
- Addressed an issue that caused Project files in Recent Files to display the incorrect status once a user leaves the Project.
- Addressed an issue that allowed users to delete a folder while it was uploading to a Project.
- Addressed an issue where revision history time did not match local system time when saving a document.
- Addressed an issue that prevented users with Full Control permissions from deleting a Project.
- Offline users uploading documents without correct permissions are now notified once they log in that the documents could not be uploaded. The document is removed from the pending panel.
- Checking in documents while joining another Project no longer causes Revu to freeze.
- Addressed an issue where canceling the “Download Copy” function did not work properly.
- Addressed an issue that prevented users from accessing SharePoint when uploading a file.
- Addressed an issue that caused “Permissions denied” error when updating Project copy in Studio.
- Addressed an issue in Projects where hyperlinks to non-PDF files would not work unless the folder containing the files was expanded.
- Project hyperlinks in emails no longer fail to download and open.
- Addressed an issue that delayed the expiration date of a Session.
- Addressed an issue that prevented existing files and folders from displaying during batch processes or the creation of new folders.
- Addressed an issue that allowed non-host attendees to upload Project files to Sessions
- The Wildcard revision filter now saves and applies to new Sets.
- Improvements to detection of 360° photos.
- Addressed an issue that caused some 360° photos to only be viewed as 2D photos.
- Height and width columns are now displaying correctly when rotating pages.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Label and Comment columns to incorrectly merge when exporting CSV Summary.
- The Markups List no longer jumps to the top when filling a box in the Checkmark column or changing markup status.
- Style property is no longer out of view when changing style to Cloud.
- Converting AutoCAD files using Stapler no longer fails on Windows 10.
- Addressed an issue that caused AutoCAD to crash when converting a 3D file to PDF.
- Improved performance for converting AutoCAD files to PDF.
- Addressed an issue that caused hyperlinks to open in the default web browser or WebTab instead of Revu.
- Addressed an issue that altered, or did not update, the page labels when inserting a page.
- Measurement column now refreshes correctly when editing Slope for a Length measurement.
- Column names are now properly translated when exporting 3D properties to CSV Summary.
- Decimals are now right-aligned in the Markups List for languages that utilize commas for decimals.
- Addressed an issue that caused Revu to crash when editing a Cloud+ markup.
- Addressed an issue that caused text to display incorrectly when exporting a non-English document.
- Improvements to UK dictionary with additional words.
Revu 2017.0.20 – Update 2
10 August 2017
- Added compatibility for Revit 2018 (CAD & eXtreme editions only)
- PDF Summary now properly sorts sequences numerically
- Filtered states are now properly displayed in real time as markup status is changed in a Studio Session
- Converting email to PDF from Outlook no longer fails when adding a folder or for large batches of emails including attachments
- Addressed an issue that caused some vertical text to be unrecognized by OCR and AutoMark
- Restored auto-complete for the address field when adding previously invited users for Studio Sessions
- Addressed an issue that caused Search to display a “read only” error for Sets located on network drives
- Addressed an issue that could cause the time stamp for a markup status to change when PDF is combined or extracted
- PDF Markup Summary now properly shows markup thumbnails for documents comprising a large number of pages or markups
- Addressed an issue that disallowed deselecting individual elements within a Count
- Added the ability to run OCR from when Revu is installed in Amazon EC2
- Addressed an issue that could cause line weights to print inaccurately
- Addressed an issue that prevented editing Excel files embedded in Word when Quantity Link is enabled
- Restored ability to add signature fields to PDFs created from Revit
- Updated incorrectly localized strings for international languages
- Addressed an issue that disabled the ability to invite users when Full Control permissions are inherited
- Revu now properly fits the screen when moving its window to a monitor with a different resolution when the Windows Creators Update is installed
- Restored the ability to save sheet set configurations in the Revit plugin
- Batch PDF Summary now properly includes thumbnails for documents comprising documents with large images
- Improved performance when adding Tags to documents in Sets
- Addressed an issue that caused some Hyperlinks to not function for documents in Studio Projects
- Addressed an issue that removed the ability to delete files from Studio Sessions
- Changing source files for newly created Quantity Links no longer removes custom column filters
- Restored progress bars to indicate status for upload, download, and sync for documents in Studio
- Addressed an issue that caused copied Project hyperlinks to link to the root directory only
Revu 2017.0.10 – Update 1
26 April 2017
- Added compatibility for AutoCAD 2018
- Added compatibility for AutoCAD LT 2018
- Added compatibility for Navisworks 2018 (CAD & eXtreme editions only)
- Added TLS 1.2 support to bFX
- Login credentials are now properly reset when signing out, switching user and enabling OpenID
- Subjects including colon characters now display as expected in Excel when using Quantity Link
- Markups from other applications, which were created without defined points, are now visible in Revu
- Columns now respect the Use Current Column Width option when creating a table-style PDF Summary
- Bounding box size has been reduced for date field when using Batch Sign & Seal with high-resolution monitors
- Measurement value is selected by default when calibrating scale, restoring the ability to immediately enter values
- The photo preview portion of the ProjectWise Explorer window is restored
- Resolved an issue in which…
- converting AutoCAD documents containing SHX fonts would fail
- some multi-page documents would not print all pages
- an Open License would remain checked out unexpectedly
- the subject for some annotations could not be changed in the Markups List
- Count markups placed in earlier versions of Revu showed an incorrect value of 1
- deleting the first symbol in a Count markup would cause the subject to change
- separate Counts of matching shape were merged upon deleting a surrounding Space
- downloaded copies of Studio Project documents were automatically set to read-only
- files not cached and non-PDF files would not download from Studio
- /register command was not functioning properly for deployment via MSI and MSP
- uninstall script did not remove Revu 2016.5.2
- elements of Batch Sign & Seal coordinates were slightly offset depending on DPI settings
- Rise/Drop could not be modified after modifying Slope for Length and Polylength
- the Recents section of the File Access tab contained no files
- interactive content was not being included when applied via Batch Stamp
- some markups created with Dynamic Fill would have the subject revert to default values
- errors in the font cache would prevent text in documents from being displayed
- the Repair Font process could make some markups invisible
- Revit would throw errors on systems with ElumTools or Licaso and Revu 2017 installed
- Various performance and stability improvements for Studio and Sets
07 March 2017
Dynamic Fill makes it quick and easy to generate a variety of markups from content in PDF drawings. Dynamic Fill does this by greatly reducing the effort required to create markups and removing redundancies where a single selection can be used to
create multiple elements, such as measurement markups and Spaces. A fill tool makes it easy to select complex shapes by “pouring” selections within boundaries on the drawing. Tool Chest items can be accessed as well, allowing you to include the
exact materials and measurements you need with a simple yet powerful set of tools.
QUANTITY LINK (EXTREME EDITION ONLY)
Quantity Link streamlines the takeoff, estimation and bidding process by creating a one-way flow of information from Revu to Microsoft Excel*. Measurement totals can be sourced from any number of PDFs stored on local or network drives and link to
cells in an Excel workbook. As measurements are modified on the source files, the linked totals will update in real time. Length, Area, Volume, Wall Area, Width, Height and Count totals can be provided by a variety of compatible measurement types;
for example, the total area could be compiled from both Area and Volume markups. You can even save workbooks with custom formatting and link options to create a bid template that can be easily shared and reused. *Compatible with Excel 2010,
AUTOMATIC FORM CREATION (EXTREME EDITION ONLY)
Automatic Form Creation makes adding form fields to a PDF a quick and seamless process. Revu will detect potential form fields on an open document, recognize the input type, and automatically place the appropriate form fields into the document
where they were originally detected. Once the form fields have been created, the Forms tab is automatically opened, providing an immediate opportunity to audit the automated results and make any modifications, if necessary. Automatic Form Creation
works on PDFs whether they were created digitally or from scans and has the ability to automatically place text, date, checkbox, radio button and digital signature fields.
BATCH SIGN & SEAL (EXTREME EDITION ONLY)
Batch Sign & Seal makes it possible to apply a digital signature or document certification across a batch of files. Manually place a signature or automatically place it on any number of pages within each document by selecting any predefined
digital signature form field. This feature also provides the ability to apply a professional seal and the current date. Like the signature, the date can be freely placed or target form fields formatted for date. The signature is placed over the
seal, as is common when using paper, rubber stamps and a handwritten signature.
Polylength & Segments
The new Polylength tool provides the ability to measure multiple lengths within a single markup. Each length segment displays its dimension while being drawn and as a caption on the drawing. Polylength also includes a Rise/Drop option to add
length that could not be measured on a 2D drawing. This makes it easy to get accurate totals for materials such as pipe, conduit or cable, all of which run vertically in walls and cannot be measured in a plan view. Revu 2017 also includes the
ability to display segment values for Area, Volume and Perimeter measurements with several configurable appearance properties.
A Slope value, expressed as a Pitch, Degree or Grade, can be applied to Length and Area measurements. Slope is now a built-in Markups List column.
Width & Height
Width and Height columns in the Markups List now display scaled values for Area and Volume measurements. These dimensions are determined by the overall measurement width and overall measurement height. Width and Height fields are also modifiable
for Count measurements, allowing for assignment of typical material dimensions.
Units are now displayed next to their respective measurement value in the Markups List. These units can be included as a separate column in both CSV and XML summaries (single and batch) by selecting the “Include measurement units” option in the
summary options dialog box.
Along with the new ellipse cutout option, cutouts can now be copied and pasted within Area and Volume measurements. Additionally, the polygon cutout can cut through an edge of an Area or Volume measurement, reforming the overall boundary of the
measurement. Automatically fill cutouts by selecting an area or volume measurement and clicking inside the cutout region. Hold the SHIFT key to fill all remaining unfilled cutouts.
With the ‘Store Scale in Page’ option selected, ‘Apply Scale to All Pages’ is now available from within the Calibrate dialog box. This makes it easy to set a scale across multiple pages.
Split & Resume
From within the right-click context menu, both Polylength and Perimeter measurements can be split on an interior control point or any segment. Similarly, a Polylength or Perimeter measurement can be resumed from the right-click content menu
initiated from either end control point.
Custom Count Symbols
Custom count symbols can be created from markups in the Tool Chest, allowing for a much wider selection of custom appearances to represent quantities on a drawing. These custom counts are available as an option to apply to visual search results.
Split & Merge
When performing counts across Spaces, counts are automatically split into separate markups, providing accurate totals per Space. Split counts allows for a single count markup of multiple quantities to be manually separated into multiple count
markups. Splitting count markups allows you to apply different properties to counts without having to start the count from scratch. Similarly, separate counts can be manually merged into a single markup sharing the same properties.
Width & Height
By applying width, height and depth values to a count, automatically calculate area and volume for materials such as windows, doors or concrete footings.
Copy & Paste
Counts can now be copied and pasted from one drawing to another. This is extremely useful for multi-level projects with similar floor plans from floor to floor.
Revu 2017 makes it possible to show captions describing label, width, height, area, volume and depth, adjacent to symbols within a Count markup. All of these descriptions can be enabled or disabled independently.
360° photos provide a comprehensive view of surrounding field conditions, typically not available in regular photos. These images can be added to Capture from local and network drives, Studio Projects and supported DMS locations. An icon in the
upper right corner of the viewing window indicates the ability to pan, spin, and zoom into detail. 360° photos must be of a 2:1 aspect ratio and created with a compatible device which currently include:
- Ricoh Theta S
- Samsung Gear 360
- LG 360 Cam
- Nikon KeyMission 360
- Giroptic 360 Cam
- PTGui 360 Panorama Software
View this page for a list of compatible hardware
3D PDF ENHANCEMENTS
Navigation & Metadata
Revu 2017 includes several improvements that make even the most expansive 3D models much easier to navigate. A redesigned 3D Model Tree tab offers an intuitive user interface and adds new functionality. Use Search and Filter to quickly cut through
the noise and focus on the details you want to see. Or simply select any model object and, if necessary, the model will automatically pan and zoom while retaining its current orientation and make any obstructing objects temporarily transparent.
Model names, colors and metadata are easily accessible and can now be directly edited within Revu and even exported as a CSV report.
Revu now opens PRC-formatted 3D PDFs for viewing. Please note that this format is not fully supported at this time and some model objects may not appear as originally intended.
PLUGIN ENHANCEMENTS (CAD & EXTREME EDITIONS ONLY)
Places are now automatically generated from Revit* views when exporting to PDF, making it easier to create links to detail sheets. *Compatible with Revit 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
3D PDFs can now be created from AutoCAD* *Compatible with AutoCAD 2016 and 2017
Added compatibility for SketchUp 2017
Revu 2017 may be installed in a side-by-side mode, allowing Revu 2016 and Revu 2017 to be installed simultaneously. This functionality is provided for users who would like to evaluate Revu 2017 before uninstalling the previous version of Revu.
Choosing to upgrade from Revu 2016 to Revu 2017 is the recommended installation choice, as it is the simplest option and reduces the required disk space for installation.
Usage Data Sharing
Revu is an application constantly in development. Bluebeam is committed to its continual improvement, and your input is crucial. When installing Revu 2017, there is an option to allow Bluebeam to collect Revu usage data to help improve the
application. This information is anonymous and will not be shared with 3rd parties. Bluebeam will not collect personal information about you. The data tracking we are implementing is designed to help us understand which Revu
functionality you are using and how well the application is performing. This option can be enabled or bypassed at any time from the Bluebeam Administrator that is installed with Revu. Leaving this option enabled will greatly help the improvement of
- Selecting and highlighting text now occurs from the center of the selection cursor as expected
- 64-bit Revu can now access 32-bit Outlook address books
- Resolved an issue where Revit views with an origin other than 0,0 would not create Spaces from Rooms
- Cloud+ markups are no longer locked for editing when placed via bFX
- Resolved an issue where other users’ markups could be inadvertently edited via bFX
- Setting expiration time now displays and functions as expected for Studio Sessions
- Selecting or resizing a hyperlink no longer navigates to the link location while in edit mode
- Resolved an issue where the Capture / Camera tools displayed upside-down images on some devices
- AutoMark no longer ignores double letters
- Resolved issue where some computers were unexpectedly identified as tablet devices
- Revit plugin now correctly prompts user for file name when one file per view/sheet option is enabled
- Resolved an issue where separate print jobs were sent from Revit when collate option is enabled
- Improved the handling of auto-detection for SharePoint when multiple sites are mapped
- Resolved an issue where a font cached error was thrown unexpectedly
- Batch PDF from AutoCAD no longer ignores the “include for publishing” setting in sheet sets
- International versions of the Revit plugin now generate Tags from properties
- Resolved an issue in the Revit plugin where rotated viewports would create misaligned Spaces
08 November 2016
- Improved font substitution for systems using fonts with non-standard characters.
Microsoft Surface Studio and Surface Dial Support*
- Use the Surface Dial with the Surface Pro 4, Surface Book, or Surface Studio
- Scroll through the Markups List to quickly find any markup.
- Show/hide markups by instantly adding, isolating, or selecting Layers.
- Select items from the Tool Chest while marking up with a mouse or Surface Pen.
- Choose markup appearance properties such as color, line weight, and opacity.
- Split views to look at documents as a full page on one side, while simultaneously zooming to specific views on the other.
- Browse document thumbnails.
- Zoom and scroll on any document.
- Scrub through a complete Undo/Redo history.
- Navigate the Tab Access menu.
*Requires Windows 10 Anniversary Update
- Fixed issues that caused Sets categories to be invisible.
- Fixed issues that caused hyperlinks to be active while selected for editing.
- Addressed issues that disabled relative hyperlink options for some files located on network drives.
- PDF Summary now sorts Sequence markups alphanumerically.
- CSV Summary now sorts page index numerically.
- Fixed issues with text selection.
- Added option to the MSP update installer which allows administrators to suppress a forced reboot.
- Addressed issues that disabled Revu preferences when Studio is disabled through the Windows registry.
04 October 2016
- Resolved an issue causing Depth settings made for one measurement tool to unexpectedly affect other measurement tools.
- Resolved an issue with the Bluebeam printer causing hyperlinks to be broken when printing to PDF from Excel.
- Restored the ability to sync folders in Studio Projects.
- Resolved an issue causing hyperlinks in Studio Projects to redirect to the Project root, regardless of the intended destination.
- Restored the “Sheet Number Only” option in the Revit plugin.
- Resolved an issue with the Microsoft Excel plugin causing hyperlinks to break in the source sheets and the PDF.
- Restored the ability to enable the Internet Explorer browser plugin for Vu.
- Resolved an issue causing PDF/A files created with Revu 2016 to be out of compliance with the PDF/A spec.
22 November 2016
- Added Korean language installation and application localization.
- OCR support for Korean (eXtreme only).
- Bring focus to PDF documents when clicking on File Name in the Tags dialog box.
- Performance enhancements when loading and scrolling through Sets (.bex) files.
- PDFs with colored form fields can now be unflattened.
- Further function and display improvements for XFA form documents.
- Commas in the Depth column of the Markups list now appear in CSV reports.
- Added option to show/hide hyperlinks when printing.
- Studio Projects now includes the option to remove a Project from the list of attended Projects.
- Improved performance when joining a Studio Project or Session of a larger size.
- Added option to export Revit Sheet Properties as Tags.
- Revit 2017 plugin now supports both 2D and 3D PDF creation.
- Navisworks Manage and Simulate 2017 plugins now support 3D PDF creation.
- Added support for Noto Sans CJK Korean font in PDFs created through Microsoft Office plugin.
- Enhanced PDF rendering of graphics and content that include unique gradients, masks, blend modes and transparencies.
- Chinese font characters now appear correctly in Note markups.
- Fixed issue with form fields shifting after flattening the PDF.
- The measurement depth value now converts its values correctly when changing the measurement unit.
- Resolved an issue with inaccurate collation when printing multiple documents.
- Addressed issue with markups going missing in a Studio Session when Revu crashed unexpectedly.
- Fixed issue with Revu incorrectly finding SharePoint root paths, leading to authentication prompts that failed.
- Resolved an issue with hyperlinks in PDFs not correctly linking to non-PDF files stored in ProjectWise.
- Documents loaded into Sets now respect the Stack Revisions setting if stored in ProjectWise.
- Fixed issue with Microsoft Office plugin being unable to create PDFs.
- Addressed issue with the Microsoft Excel plugin creating PDFs with incorrect data in certain fields.
- Resolved an issue with Microsoft PowerPoint plugin incorrectly sending error messages while still creating PDFs successfully.
- Fixed an issue with Chinese text displaying incorrectly on some PDFs created from the Microsoft Word plugin.
- Addressed an issue in the Revit plugin that caused the conversion of a large number of sheets to fail.
- Fixed issue with markups and stamps not appearing when opened through the bFX protocol.
- Addressed issue in which copying and pasting PDF pages prevented markups assigned to layers to recognize the layer they were set to.
- Resolved issue with Reduce File Size unexpectedly swapping letters.
- Fixed issue with Split Documents causing files to stay the same size as the original file after splitting.
19 April 2016
- PDF creation support through the AutoCAD plugin (Revu CAD and Revu eXtreme only) is now supported for AutoCAD 2017.
- PDF creation support through the Bluebeam buttons in the AutoCAD LT 2017 ribbon.
- PDF creation support (Revu CAD and Revu eXtreme) for SketchUp Pro 2016.
- Added support for Revu integration with ProjectWise 10.
- Create user-defined default settings for Tags.
- Generate new tags (or correct existing tags) using AutoMark in the Tags dialog box.
- Automatic tags are updated any time the Sheet Number Tag is modified.
- Set displays all Tag types for any files added to the Set.
- Sort Tags columns in ascending or descending order.
- Revision Number Tags are now sequenced properly when sheets are slip-sheeted into a Set.
- Resolved issue exporting some CSV markup summaries that would not display columns in desired order.
- Addressed issue with Revu potentially freezing when opening Sets files in Studio Projects.
- Fixed issues with the Bluebeam plugin for Revit incorrectly missing sheets that were selected for conversion to PDF.
- Resolved issue with markups unexpectedly disappearing if they were updated and saved.
- Addressed issue with XML Markup Summaries exporting with unexpected results.
- Fixed issues that occurred when editing Punchkeys with Japanese fonts.
- Resolved issue with the Bluebeam plugin for Microsoft Office not correctly associating PDF security settings on some files.
- Addressed issue in which some font characters would not render on certain PDF files.
- Fixed issues with Collate function not working on some HP and Canon printers.
22 November 2016
- Similar to a legend on a map, Legends can help anyone looking at a PDF have an immediate understanding of the markups on the page. Add any individual markup by right-clicking it and then selecting the option to add it to a legend. You can also add an
entire tool set to a legend so that markups applied to PDFs from the tool set are automatically updated.
- Report on and export data from multiple PDFs, including those in Sets. Create a single markup summary from multiple PDFs, or individual summaries per PDF. Choose from multiple sorting and filtering options, create custom-formatted PDF reports with PDF templates, and export to XML and CSV summaries to further manipulate your data.
- Sets allows users to view, access and navigate an unlimited number of various source files as if they are a single document in a single tab. This feature now includes the following functionality:
- Tags: Individual sheets can now be easily tagged with meaningful data such as the sheet number, sheet name, revision number and more. Tags can be used to categorize, sort and manage revisions for all sheets within a Set.
- Drawing Log: Drawing logs can be easily generated from any Set. The drawing log includes important data for all documents within a Set and can be exported as PDF, XLSX or CSV.
- The Bluebeam plugin for Revit converts sheet sets into PDFs, and 3D models into 3D PDFs. Revu 2016 improves this experience by generating new Spaces from Rooms in Revit (versions 2015-2016 only). Additional options include adding area measurement markups to the PDF directly through the plugin.
- Improved 3D PDF creation from .rvt files containing Linked Models.
- Improved accuracy of colors and material properties.
- In Revu eXtreme 2016, OCR+ is faster, more accurate, and recognizes both horizontal and vertical text on the same page. Both features now share the same updated text-recognition engine along with improved accuracy and consistency in the results.
- Batch Link automates the process of creating hyperlinks for quick navigation between documents. Now additional formatting options for highlighting hyperlinks are available. In addition to automatically placing highlight markups on top of hyperlinks, you can automatically flatten these highlights, or apply a hyperlink highlight style that stays with the hyperlink as it moves on the page.
- Compare Documents and Overlay Pages can now ignore flattened markups when comparing PDFs, if they were set to being recoverable when flattening in Revu.
- Document tabs now display a thumbnail preview of the PDF content when hovering the mouse cursor over them. Open documents in the background by pressing the Control key while clicking to open a file in the File Access tab or a link to another document. This allows you to quickly open multiple files while keeping the focus on the document you’re currently working on.
- Batch Slip Sheet now has improved matching logic. View a more refined display of matched and unmatched pages before running the batch process to help you catch unmatched sheets.
- Align Middle, Center, and Center in Document have been added for improved markup formatting.
- Hyperlinks can now be placed on a document that contains digital signatures without invalidating the document.
- New keyboard shortcuts for markups are now available to speed up your workflow:
- Edit Action (Ctl+Shift+E)
- Autosize Text Box (Alt+Z)
- Snap to Content (Ctl+Shift+F8)
- Snap to Markup On/Off (Ctl+Shift+F7)
- Snap to Grid On/Off (Ctl+Shift+F9)
- Align Center (Ctrl+Alt+E)
- Align Middle (Ctrl+Alt+M)
- Next Page, Last Page, Previous View and Next View buttons in the Navigation toolbar are now statically placed for quicker navigation.
- The Escape button makes de-selecting markups and tools simple for tablet users.
- Triple-click to select all text on a line for faster text selection and editing.
- The status bar makes switching between various snap modes easy.
- Addressed various issues that caused PDF files to render content incorrectly.
- Resolved issues with some PDF files unexpectedly displaying text strings with certain fonts as garbled text.
- Fixed issues with hyperlinks pointing to Bentley ProjectWise destinations when PDF files originated from the Bluebeam plugin in Microsoft Word.
- Resolved duplicate embedding issues occurring with markups using some fonts such as Arial and MS Gothic.
- Improved handling of fonts when converting certain Word files to PDF using the Bluebeam plugin.
- Addressed problem with the Revu interface incorrectly sizing/maximizing when using multiple monitors with different resolutions.
- Fixed issue with Spaces not correctly displaying in the Spaces tab when using Sets.
- Resolved compatibility issues with PDFs created from Oracle BI Publisher.
- Improved support and tracking of updated sequence markups when marked-up files are merged into the same document.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Compare Document function to incorrectly compare some PDF files with different page sizes.
- Fixed problem with bFX tab navigation unexpectedly scrolling back to the top in Studio Sessions with numerous files.
- Resolved issue in which “Paste in Place” resulted in unexpected shifting when objects were pasted.
- Addressed an issue that caused certain count markups to lose their subject and label when placed on certain PDFs.
- Fixed issue with hyperlinking failing when Open Hyperlinks in Revu WebTab was enabled.
- Resolved some issues in PDF AcroForms in which font sizes or appearances could change unexpectedly after text was input.
- Fixed an issue with Chinese, Japanese and Korean (CJK text) appearing scrambled in PDF Flags.
- Resolved an issue where text with PDF form fields could unexpectedly shift after the document was flattened.
Revu 2017 & Below