Bluebeam Revu Release Notes
Our fastest version yet is here. Pan and zoom quicker than ever before, while enjoying better overall speed and performance. Take faster, more accurate measurements with a new automatic prompt for setting scale. And easily deploy and standardize Revu across teams with our new Configuration Editor.
Full Release Notes
Set Scale improvements
- New Set Scale dialog automatically prompts to calibrate or input a known scale, ensuring correct scale on all pages.
- Quickly apply a known scale to a file, using new preset options for common imperial and metric measurements.
- Apply a scale to a page range.
- View or modify page scale from the Thumbnails panel or the Navigation toolbar.
Measurement properties enhancements
- New Units dropdown for measurements in Properties Toolbar allow easy selection of desired units for independent measurement values.
- Markups saved to the Tool Chest retain their selected Units settings.
- Option to show or hide measurement tools at the top of the Measurements panel.
- Revu now displays a preview of the running total of measurement values when placing measurement markups.
- New detachable Totals dropdown in Properties Toolbar displays applicable totaled values for selected measurements.
- Added viewport option to “Clear All from Page,” which allows removal of viewports from a single page.
- New hardware-accelerated rendering engine provides significant improvements to speed and performance of panning and zooming in PDFs.
- Improved performance and memory usage when working in multiple split screens.
- Rendering preview of surrounding areas on a document.
Fixed issues relating to:
- Document appearance flickered when resizing screens or re-rendering measurements.
- Certain documents intermittently displayed blank content after saving or idling.
- Editing text in Text markups or PDF content occasionally caused document flickering, instability, or content to appear blank.
- In split screen with Horizontal Scrollbars Preference enabled, documents in split views temporarily appeared blank until selected.
- PNG images did not appear in print preview or when printed, while using hardware rendering.
- Scrolling through pages in split screen or certain view modes navigated to incorrect page.
- When application was minimized in taskbar while rendering, window intermittently could not be reopened.
- PDF content temporarily appeared blank when adding markups while panning in document.
- When using hardware rendering, Disable Line Weight setting was not visibly applied until interacting with document view.
- Poor performance in hardware rendering mode occurred after locking/unlocking and moving many markups at once.
- In certain files, thumbnails and document occasionally hung when scrolling to specific page while simultaneously opening files.
- New Configuration Editor provides a simplified interface allowing enterprise administrators to more easily set up new deployments, patch deployments, and other feature customization options (including the deployment of profiles, tool sets, and other extensions) to be enabled through installation.
- Additional guides and installation packages are available on the Enterprise Deployment site: https://support.bluebeam.com/articles/enterprise-installation/.
Automatic In-App Update Notifications
- New automatic in-app update service displays a notification at start-up when a new version of Revu is available for download.
- This update service and notifications will be first available upon release of the next point update.
- The in-app update can be skipped to be downloaded at another time.
- The availability of these in-app updates can also be controlled by administrators deploying Revu using the new Configuration Editor.
- Added support for Revit 2020, AutoCAD 2020, AutoCAD LT 2020, Solidworks 2019, and Microsoft Office 2019.
- Open Default PDF: New setting in Preferences allows for opening a selected PDF each time Revu is launched. Files may be stored on a network folder, local machine, configured DMS, or Studio Projects, allowing for easier access to a PDF dashboard or other frequently used PDFs.
- New option added to MSI to disable the “Follow Host” feature in Studio Sessions during Revu deployment.
- Bookmarks, Places and Hyperlinks are now updated to point to the newest revision when replacing pages in Batch Slip Sheet. New Preference setting also enables this behavior when inserting pages during Batch Slip Sheet.
- Added Invite button to Dynamic Properties Toolbar in Studio Projects.
- View Mode now supports saving fillable forms.
- Certain Bluebeam Administrator settings related to Revu are now accessible through Revu Preferences, including: Reset Settings, Backup Settings, Restore Settings, Use as Default PDF Viewer, Net Config settings, and access to Revu Logs.
- Quantity Link now displays “Invalid: Mixed Units” message in Excel for measurement totals with different selected units.
- Improvements to Studio stability issues intermittently that caused unexpected disconnections.
- Studio login dialog flashed upon Revu launch when “Keep me signed in” was enabled.
- Tooltips in Studio Session record panel closed too quickly.
- Removing all servers from Studio whitelist caused application to crash.
- In Studio Sessions, filtering Markups List view by Status needed to be re-applied to display new status changes to other users’ markups.
- Switching from View Mode to Markup Mode did not reenable certain functions related to Studio Sessions.
- Menu to send Studio Project files to existing Sessions was not scrollable.
- Unsuccessful Studio login when Windows setting for web content language was disabled.
- Error occurred when applying certain Digital Signatures with custom appearances including image files.
- When adding Digital Signatures from certain Certificate Authorities, signatures appeared briefly but were not applied.
- Unsuccessful application of digital signatures using certificates issued by Comodo.
Markups and measurements:
- Highlight tool incorrectly selected text aligned with bottom of cursor.
- Grouped markups on rotated pages displayed with incorrect rotation in Legends.
- Markup control points were not visible if document view was rotated 270 degrees.
- Pen tool markups created with Surface Pen stylus appeared jagged.
- Stamps added with Batch Apply Stamp did not display correct Opacity.
- When selecting a Status for a markup, the Markups List scroll reset to top of the list.
- Arrow keys stopped navigating document after resuming a Count markup.
- Count column in Markups List incorrectly displayed total of “1” for counts created in Revu 2016.
- Fill Color palette in Properties panel did not display “No Fill” option when grouped markups or multiple markups were selected.
- Certain Dynamic Text was not appearing correctly when using Batch Apply Stamp.
- Copying and splitting Count markups created in Revu 2016 or earlier caused incorrect selection of Counts.
- Length measurement updated incorrectly and label was temporarily hidden after label was adjusted in Properties panel.
- Markups List column display order incorrectly reset to default order when Manage Columns dialog was opened.
Stability improvements, including:
- Invalid loading of Roboto font caused freezing or missing text in installation dialogs, especially in Windows 7 environments.
- Files with XRefs crashed when creating 3D PDFs from AutoCAD plugin.
- Object Reference Error occurred when opening certain secured PDFs.
- Object Reference Error intermittently appeared when closing documents.
- Object Reference Error caused by combining files with hyperlinks through the Stapler.
- Application hung when closing Properties panel with uncommitted changes, or when navigating from Rotation field with Tab key.
- Intermittent crashes occurred when saving files to an unavailable network drive.
- Installation dialogs occasionally hung when updating to new point release, requiring application restart.
- For newly created or combined PDFs with unsaved changes, extracting pages as separate files displayed error and closed Revu.
- Slow performance and increased memory usage caused by switching between Profiles.
Additional improvements and fixes:
- Blank Panel Access toolbar appeared when reopening Revu with no panels on right side.
- Error occurred when opening IRS W-9 fillable form.
- Next/Previous view buttons intermittently navigated to incorrect page.
- Bookmark views and child bookmark organization not retained in certain files when combined through Stapler.
- Issues printing files opened through BfX.
- Duplicate annotation references caused Markups List and Hyperlinks panel to not load correctly.
- Changes to selection in Page Range field when Printing not set as default for future print jobs.
- Deleting pages from Thumbnails intermittently caused Revu to hang.
- Closing document tabs intermittently caused tabs to appear blank.
- Print Preview did not update when Auto-detect page size was selected.
- Printing files with “Document Only” option selected prints with blank page.
- Certain functions may have appeared disabled when Windows display language was set to certain non-English regions.
- Hyperlinks to SharePoint Online 2016 returned 403 Forbidden error.
- Page Labels and Bookmarks created with AutoMark were not displaying subsequent page regions for certain files.
- With certain “What to Plot” configuration in Revit plugin, converted PDFs were occasionally missing bookmarks or views.
- Issue occurred when logging in to SharePoint 2010 when configured to use pnp:ListInstance.
- Access to libraries stored in Global Assembly Cache may have failed when conflicting versions are shared with other applications.
The Revu 2018.6 maintenance release addresses the following issues:
- Error message was not displayed when attempting to use the Revu full installation package instead of the patch installation package.
- Updating to a newer version of Revu using the patching installation package would hang or take longer than expected in some circumstances.
- Changing profiles resulted in removing tools from “My Tools” tool set.
- An object reference exception error was intermittently displayed when closing Revu.
- Multiple pop-up messages displayed when using the Bluebeam PDF printer if the BBprint.log was deleted while the BBprint.exe was stilling running.
- A “Signature Invalid, Document Altered” message displayed when signing documents using IdenTrust Global Common (IGC) certificate.
- Compatibility issues with some smart card readers caused digital signatures to fail to complete.
- Compatibility issues with digital certificates intended for signing and securing emails with S/MIME encryption.
- Error displayed when applying third-party digital signatures with custom appearances containing a graphic file.
- Already rendered content would flicker when starting to draw a markup, then panning the document to a new region of the page and adjusting the markup shape before it’s placed (via small mouse movements and mouse clicks).
- Using tab button to commit rotation change for some markup tools caused Revu to crash.
- Switching or closing the Properties panel before committing change to property value caused Revu to crash.
- An increase in memory consumption could slow down Revu in specific scenarios when closing a document, un-splitting or switching views, or when leaving Revu open for an extended period.
- Adding count measurements to a document in a Studio Session and then undoing the count and clicking “leave session” caused Revu to freeze.
- Using “close all” tabs function caused Revu to intermittently crash.
- Inserting pages with hyperlinks prevented some documents from being reopened or used for other processes.
Revu 2018.5 addresses several issues, including important rendering fixes related to the display of documents when the application is left in an idle state.
- Addressed an issue where documents that remained open for an extended amount of time caused the document content to go blank or disappear and intermittently caused Revu to freeze.
- Addressed an issue where panning and zooming before the rendering completed in a document containing large images caused Revu to crash.
- Addressed an issue where some documents had content accuracy issues when using the Skia rendering engine.
- Addressed an issue where deleting multiple thumbnails in a document with broken hyperlinks would cause Revu to crash with an error.
- Addressed an issue where using the Save As function with the thumbnails panel open would sometimes cause Revu to freeze.
- Addressed an issue where updating the status of a lot of markups caused Studio Sessions to freeze.
- Addressed an issue in Studio Sessions where the Critical Operation dialog never completed and Revu needed to be restarted.
- Addressed an issue where clicking a hyperlink on a markup between PDFs would cause Revu to freeze.
- Addressed an issue where editing text caused the content to disappear.
- Addressed an issue in Sessions where transactions on certain markups were not ending, causing markups to go missing.
- Addressed an issue in Projects, where Batch Slip Sheet was not functioning properly on multi-page documents.
- Fixed an issue where Revu may not launch because it incorrectly determined that a user did not have permissions to temp folders.
View Signed Version
If Revu detects that invalid changes were made to digitally signed documents, Revu will now allow you to view the original signed document.
If Revu detects that invalid changes were made to a digitally signed document, Revu will now keep a log of all the changes that were made after a document has been signed. This allows you to know exactly what changes were made to invalidate the signatures. The current log only tracks any addition or deletion of annotations.
Added support for IGC Certificates.
Redesigned the Studio tab in preferences. The Options tab now contains all the Studio settings, while all server management information is now contained in the Servers tab.
- Studio Projects now maintain last used Split View window size.
- List View in Projects now maintains customized column order.
- Adding, deleting or editing markups will now display an uploading indicator next to the markup.
- Addressed an issue where the PDF Printer and plugins failed to created PDFs.
- Addressed an issue in page labels where if the page label started with a zero, it would not display the zero.
- Addressed an issue where Open License would sometimes take longer to acquire the license.
- Addressed an issue where after processing Batch Slip Sheet, the page label order was not maintained.
- Addressed an issue where markups created by Apple Previewer were not displaying.
- Addressed an issue in Batch Print where trying to copy multiple copies of a file with collate enabled would only print the file once.
- Addressed an issue where pasting multi-line text into a custom text column would sometimes cause Revu to crash.
- Addressed an issue where using Batch Slip Sheet on documents in a Project would check out all the documents.
- Addressed an issue for Cloud+ markup where adding it to the Tool Chest with a custom subject was not retained when using the tool.
- Addressed an issue in Batch Header and Footer where deleting the existing header and footer using the “Delete All” option would lock the files.
- Addressed an issue where creating PDFs from AutoCAD 2019 could sometimes prompt an error that a licensed version of AutoCAD is not activated.
- Addressed an issue where file selection was not working for Quantity Link.
- Addressed an issue where changing the color of a line markup in the Properties panel could cause the pages to reorder.
- Addressed an issue in Number Pages where the custom start value was not working if there was no prefix.
- Addressed an issue in Batch dialogs where selecting “Open Set” was only adding the first file.
- Addressed an issue where custom columns with no values was not listed in the Columns tab.
- Addressed an issue in Batch Summary where column reordering is not maintained with save configuration if “Show Empty Columns” is enabled.
- Addressed an issue where volume measurement markups could not be placed in documents with untitled view ports.
- Addressed an issue in the Markups List where filtering by blank layers would not work.
- Addressed an issue where intranet hyperlinks were not working correctly.
- Addressed an issue where document view did not refresh when toggling layer visibility or deleting layers.
- Addressed an issue where printing from the Windows Explorer via the right-click menu was not working correctly.
- Addressed an issue where selecting a markup and then clicking a hyperlink to a different page caused the markup to shift.
- Addressed an issue where adjusting Polygon control points could cause Revu to freeze or crash.
- Addressed an issue in Number Pages where inputting a number greater than 100 in the start field would revert to 100.
- Addressed an issue where exiting the Make a Suggestion WebTab before it finished loading could cause Revu to hang.
- Addressed an issue where recreating a file with image markups breaks the image markups.
- Addressed an issue in number type columns where if the selected markup has a null value, it will display the value of the previously selected markup.
- Addressed an issue where header and footer edits only applied to the first page.
- Addressed an issue where the Line Style preference box would close when adjusting the up/down arrows.
- Addressed an issue where a count placed outside of a Space would be included to a different count total if moved into the Space.
- Addressed an issue where applying counts to VisualSearch results would sometimes apply double count to a single object.
- Addressed an issue in VisualSearch where the “Include Sub-Folders” option was missing.
- Addressed an issue where the up/down arrow keys and page up/down keys were not correctly increasing/decreasing values for numeric fields.
- Addressed an issue in Batch Apply Redaction where the custom page range could not be inputted.
- Addressed an issue in Reduce File Size where the configured advanced options were not being applied.
- Addressed an issue where pressing tab on a Rectangle Sketch to Scale markup would cause the background of a PDF to disappear.
- Addressed an issue where opening the Sessions setting dialog twice would sometimes cause the dialog to automatically close.
- Addressed an issue for custom statuses where selecting a default model and state was not working properly.
- Addressed an issue where specific files were not rendering in Skia.
- Addressed an issue where doing multiple searches would sometimes not refresh properly and only show previous results.
- Addressed some rendering issues related to blurry images and text not displaying.
- Addressed an issue where verifying multiple documents with signature would sometimes cause Revu to hang.
- Addressed an issue in Batch Apply Stamp where X and Y coordinates would be limited to 100.
- Addressed an issue for Cloud+ markups where the no fill option could not be selected from the Properties panel.
- Addressed an issue where bookmarks were no longer working after a PDF is combined in Revu or Stapler.
- Addressed an issue where PDFs produced by Vectorworks were not rendering properly using Skia.
- Addressed an issue where Snapshot for specific files would sometimes not work using Skia.
- Addressed an issue where running Reduce File Size would not prompt to Save As and just save over the current document.
- Addressed an issue where the “Rotate All Pages by Default” option in Preferences was not applied when using the Rotate function in the toolbar.
- Addressed an issue in the Properties panel where the text custom column was only limited to 268 characters.
- Addressed an issue for Counts where copy and pasting a group of counts would sometimes not update correctly in the custom column.
- Addressed an issue for Counts where configuring the custom columns from the Properties panel was sometimes not applying.
- Addressed an issue where clicking on a Session document multiple times will start multiple downloads of the same document.
- Addressed an issue where finalizing a Session would remove the attendees and the markups created by those attendees.
- Addressed an issue where hyperlinks to some SharePoint files would fail to open and prompt an error.
- Addressed an issue in XML and CSV summary where Format Number option is always on.
- Addressed an issue in the Summary settings where sorting by custom column with blank value did not show as primary sort.
- Addressed an issue where files that are added to batch processes but are not applied to still appear as if changes have been made.
- Addressed an issue where deleting markups offline would show a blank entry in the Pending tab.
- Addressed issues where newly created markups sometimes failed to upload to the cloud and appear “stuck” in the Pending tab.
- Addressed issues where bad connection could sometimes lead to failed uploads causing pending items to lose property changes.
- Addressed issues where placing lots of markups on a document could cause the pending queue to hang.
- Addressed issues where adding, deleting or undoing markups would sometimes not update for other attendees.
- Addressed issues where some markup changes appear out of order for some attendees.
- Addressed issues where Cloud+ markups could sometimes have missing clouds.
- Addressed issues where leaving a Session with pending markups or closing multiple documents at once could sometimes cause Revu to hang.
- Addressed an issue where uploading pending markups such as Cloud+, Callouts, or Text would sometimes result in missing text.
- Updated color scheme (dark/light mode) based on theme in Preferences.
- Added the ability to sort files in Thumbnails View.
- Added thumbnail file preview in Thumbnails View.
- Added a prompt to open files in Split View.
- Added functionality to always open Project tabs in the same window if using Split View.
- Improvements to Studio stability issues intermittently causing unexpected disconnections and issues leaving a Studio Session with pending markups.
- Updated UI and improved performance of preview handler.
- Added functionality to reset all page labels to match the current page numbers.
- Addressed an issue where digital signatures were being marked as invalid because of missing certifications.
- Addressed an issue where digital signatures were being marked as invalid because of invalid changes that were applied after signing.
- Addressed an issue where the GlobalSign® SHA-256 certificate authority could not be verified.
- Addressed an issue where applying an Entrust signature can take couple minutes.
- Addressed an issue where signatures and timestamps created outside of Revu were marked as invalid in Revu.
- Addressed an issue where valid IdenTrust signatures were showing as invalid.
- Addressed an issue where adding multiple digital signatures would cause Revu to invalidate the some or all signatures on the document.
- Added validation for digital signatures based on timestamp when document was signed.
- Addressed an issue where attempting to sign a PDF with a revoked certificate would fail without any error messages.
- Addressed an issue where signing a PDF would use the computer’s clock instead of the timestamp server.
Batch Slip Sheet
- Addressed an issue in Batch Slip Sheet where for certain files, the markups will fail to copy to the new revision.
- Addressed an issue in Batch Slip Sheet where flattened markups were not being carried over when “Flatten Markups after Copy” was selected.
- Addressed an issue in Batch Slip Sheet where hyperlinks associated to flattened markups were broken.
- Addressed an issue where hyperlinks were breaking after using Batch Slip Sheet.
- Addressed an issue where bookmarks would break after doing a Batch Slip Sheet.
Additional Improvements & Fixes
- Addressed an issue causing slow syncing of Studio Project files in sub-folders.
- Addressed an issue where documents in Studio Projects could not be opened from Recents.
- Addressed an issue in Sessions where undoing multiple group markups from the dropdown would not update for other attendees in the Session.
- Addressed an issue where Quantity Link would incorrectly update values for linked cells.
- Addressed an issue where “No Fill” in the color picker was not available when selecting multiple markups.
- Addressed an issue in Page Setup where offset units were not being updated correctly.
- Addressed an issue where Internet Explorer® plugin was not working with certain files.
- Addressed an issue where editing the subject of a grouped markup in a tool set would cause the markup to be ungrouped and lose control points.
- Addressed an issue in Batch Stamp where negative values could not be input in the X/Y fields.
- Addressed an issue where documents saved to network location could not be opened.
- Addressed an issue in the Measurements panel where the total column will not sum the total when adding any consecutive measurement markups.
- Addressed an issue in Layers where selecting “Show Print Layers” and then changing the print options on layers were not updating them correctly.
- Addressed an issue where the Length tool caption was not positioned correctly when drawing from right to left.
- Addressed an issue where some text did not appear in the PDF when converting a Word document to PDF.
- Addressed an issue where a comma was an invalid decimal separator in numeric fields for different languages.
- Addressed an issue where assigning a layer to a member of a group does not assign the layer to the entire group.
- Addressed an issue where panels could not be dragged and dropped to the bottom if there were no panels already attached at the bottom.
- Addressed an issue where the whole Set would get added to a Batch process instead of the selected PDFs.
- Addressed an issue where after placing a count markup and then undoing it, the count markup would reappear when document is reopened.
- Addressed an issue where the option to clear certificate was not visible.
- Addressed an issue where registering an Open License will get stuck if attempted multiple times.
- Addressed an issue where the Flags panel would not refresh when switching between documents in Split View.
- Addressed an issue where panels could not be opened by keyboard shortcuts.
- Addressed an issue in Batch Crop where the Get Window functionality was not working after making a selection.
- Addressed an issue in Studio Projects where some context menu items were missing in Details View for certain files.
- Addressed an issue where hyperlinks created in Word to a mapped network drive did not work once it was created as a PDF by the plugin.
- Addressed an issue where using Shift + Click to multi-select hyperlinks was not working.
- Addressed an issue when calibrating with Separate Vertical Scale enabled where updating the X value would update the Y value instead.
- Addressed an issue where the No Fill option in the color picker was not working when multi-selecting markups with different fill colors.
- Addressed an issue where empty columns were not being included in the CSV summary.
- Addressed an issue where creating a Print Summary would fail if Spaces Cover Sheet was enabled.
- Addressed an issue where permission cannot be set for a user who joined an unrestricted Project without an invitation.
- Addressed an issue where sorting the servers in the Manage Servers dialog was not updating the dropdown list in the Studio panel.
- Addressed an issue where clicking the hyperlink to execute did not highlight the link in the document.
- Addressed an issue where resuming a count onto a second page would duplicate the count.
- Addressed an issue in the Properties panel where selecting edit columns will not display all the available columns.
- Addressed an issue where Unflatten progress dialog displayed as flattening.
- Addressed an issue where opening and closing the Manage Columns dialog would crop the columns flyout in the Markups List menu.
- Addressed an issue where renaming a folder with the same name as an existing folder would not display an error message and fail.
- Addressed an issue in the Layers panel where the Print option could not be edited when Show Print Layers was selected.
- Addressed an issue where text was overlapping in the Properties panel for PDF/A documents.
- Addressed an issue where an error message would not display when using the format painter to change the color of markup with a custom status.
- Addressed an issue where stamp previews were being cut off in the Apply Stamp dialog.
- Addressed an issue where email templates did not support email addresses with top level domains that had more than four characters.
- Addressed an issue where the temp subject for Cloud tool would say Polygon instead of Cloud.
- Addressed an issue where the highlight when selecting a tool in the Tool Chest does not reset when selecting other tools.
- Addressed an issue where creating a Table Summary of documents with lots of markups would insert blank pages to the summary created.
- Addressed an issue in Sets where multi-selecting items in the categories preferences and then deleting was only deleting one item.
- Addressed an issue in Quantity Link where opening linked Excel® files and updating linked values were slow.
- Addressed an issue where the “Create 3D PDF” would cause AutoCAD 2018 to crash for certain files.
- Addressed an issue where opening a second file from ProjectWise® Explorer would fail.
- Addressed an issue where extracting pages from a certified document was allowed.
- Addressed an issue where once a custom status gets saved to a profile, all the statuses created after are saved to the profile by default.
- Addressed an issue where the search field in the Markups List was missing the clear content icon.
- Addressed an issue where the security presets that are applied via the change permission dropdown are not applied because it does not prompt for a password.
- Addressed an issue where feature usage tracking may have become unintentionally enabled while upgrading to 2018.1. Silent deployment configurations of 2018.2 will default to the disabled state unless the user specifically opts in. Please note all data is attributed to anonymized users, is never shared, and is used to help identify usage frequency for a given feature.
- Bluebeam is now GDPR compliant. To learn more about GDPR and the updates we have made, please visit our website.
- Added “Join Session” option in the Navigation panel.
- Added additional file information in List View:
- Date Modified
- Date Created
- Checked Out By
- Last Checked In By
- Added the ability to create a new Studio Project from the File menu.
- The following customizations will be saved per user and applied to all Projects:
- “Last Used” view type (Thumbnails/List view).
- Show/Hide Files option.
- Last used Columns in List View.
- Last used Column sort in List View.
- Show/Hide Expand Navigation option.
- Added the ability to preview a PDF by hovering over files in the Navigation panel and List View.
- Removed “Do Not Show Again” option in the Project File Delete dialog.
- Added server-switching dropdown to the Studio Panel.
- Added default US and UK Studio servers.
- Projects and Sessions can be created in the UK server.
- Added compatibility for AutoCAD®
- Added compatibility for Navisworks®
- Added compatibility for Revit®
- Updated icons for plugins.
- Decreased the margins in the tree view.
- Added Label field when multiple Measurement markups are selected.
- New deployment configuration option to require users to create a PIN to access Studio offline functionality.
- New deployment configuration option to allow certain users to only access Revu® in View Mode.
- Simplified installation experience.
- Updated migration process for Studio cache data when upgrading to 2018.1.
- Addressed an issue where bookmarks could not be renamed in the Bookmarks Panel.
- Addressed an issue where tooltips were not showing in the Status Bar.
- Addressed an issue where custom line styles did not display until Manage Line Style Set was opened.
- Addressed an issue where count markups would duplicate after resuming count.
- Addressed an issue where count markups would disappear after placing the count using Esc or Enter key.
- Addressed an issue where the initial focus in the Calibration dialog would be set to “Ok” instead of the input field.
- Addressed an issue where Reuse was not automatically enabled for Measurement tools added to the Tool Chest.
- Addressed an issue where keyboard shortcuts were missing for the Save dialog.
- Addressed an issue where “Replaced Checked” option for search results was not working.
- Addressed an issue where hyperlinks to non-PDFs in Excel that were converted using the plugin resulted in broken hyperlinks.
- Addressed an issue where IFC files could not be added from the Add and Edit 3D Content dialog.
- Addressed an issue where the Batch Script Manager got cutoff when too many files were added.
- Addressed an issue where opening certain Sets from Studio would remove files from the Set.
- Addressed an issue where saving the 3D default view would not save.
- Addressed an issue where users with full control permission in Studio Sessions could not add documents to the Session.
- Addressed an issue where CSV totals summary showed zero for the Measurement column if several Measurement markups had different units.
- Addressed an issue where the Add Document dialog in Sessions was not able to access different DMS options.
- Addressed an issue where some files could become corrupted during save.
- Addressed an issue where having AutoCAD, ProjectWise® and Revu installed would hide the AutoCAD ribbon interface.
- Addressed an issue where using the plugin to create PDFs from AutoCAD was creating display issues.
- Addressed an issue where running Batch Link® would reduce some files to 0 kb.
- Addressed an issue where enabling “Keep Me Signed In” in Studio was not automatically signing users in to the account when opening Revu.
- Addressed an issue in Projects where the downloading dialog would not close after finishing.
- Addressed an issue where downloading a Project at the top level would only download files contained in folders.
- Addressed an issue where Procore® layers were not displaying.
- Addressed an issue where Project files could not be added to Batch functions while offline.
- Addressed an issue where a Session could not be joined after upgrading to Revu 2018 if the Session had a pending item created in Revu 2017.
- Addressed an issue where the X-scale was not calibrating when using “Separate Vertical Scale.”
- Addressed an issue in Sessions where alerts to group markups displayed the group members and not the group name.
- Addressed an issue where closing a Project was not prompting users to close the related Project documents.
- Addressed an issue in Projects where deleting multiple files in a folder and then renaming a file in the same folder would cause the deleted files to reappear.
- Addressed an issue in Projects where renaming a folder duplicated all the files within the folder.
- Addressed an issue in Projects where sorting by the name column would not use alphanumeric sort.
- Addressed an issue where clicking a hyperlink to a URL was not opening the WebTab.
- Addressed an issue where the highlight tool was not assigning the correct layer when applied to text.
- Addressed an issue where snapshots would disappear if you changed the color and reappear once moved.
- Addressed an issue where changing the default text color for text markups before placing the markup would cause it to revert to the previous color after being placed.
- Addressed an issue in Studio Projects where tooltips were not showing for certain actions.
- Addressed an issue where group markups were not included in PDF summaries.
- Addressed an issue where pages were appearing blank after the first page when using a portable scanner.
- Addressed an issue where importing BVL files did not import page settings.
- Addressed an issue where modifying stamp color would hide the stamp.
- Addressed an issue where labels were overlapping in the 2D tab of the Advanced preferences.
- Addressed an issue where selecting multiple counts did not display the shape option in the Properties Toolbar.
- Addressed an issue where the color picker did not highlight the color being used after creating a markup.
- Addressed an issue in the Properties Toolbar where selecting multiple markups within a group would only show the properties of the first selected markup.
- Addressed an issue in the Properties panel where certain properties were misaligned.
- Addressed an issue where using the Ctrl + drag method was not creating curved line segments.
- Addressed an issue where selecting a single markup in a group and then selecting another markup would not refresh the Properties Toolbar.
- Addressed an issue where form fields were not reordering to the top via drag and drop.
- Addressed an issue where count markups were hidden after being placed but reappeared after saving.
- Addressed an issue where count markups would be hidden after resuming a count and then placing the count markup.
- Addressed an issue in the Properties Toolbar where Project creation time was displayed incorrectly.
- Addressed an issue where rotated images that were imported into Revu would not show the correct rotation.
- Addressed an issue where double-clicking to highlight text did not select text.
- Addressed an issue where the modifier Alt + click to select a single markup in a group was not working.
- Addressed an issue where switching between measurements with different units of slopes would change the value to 0.
Revu 2018 fixes several issues, including (but not limited to):
- Addressed an issue in Revit® for Collaboration where multi-page PDFs were printing in the incorrect page size.
- Addressed an issue in Projects where folders and files were still syncing after being excluded from syncing.
- Addressed an issue where converting PDF to TIFF in Stapler resulted in the TIFF files being much larger than the original PDF.
- Addressed an issue where Revu cuts off the right edge when printing on 11×17 paper.
- Addressed an issue where markups were not being sorted correctly when creating a PDF summary.
- Addressed an issue where editing hyperlinks in Projects would execute the hyperlink before the Action dialog came up.
- Addressed an issue where removing temp folders caused certain tools to freeze or disappear.
- Addressed an issue where PDFs could not be opened from search results when searching through current Studio Project.
- Addressed an issue where My Tools was missing when reopening Revu.
- Addressed an issue where Project folders were not refreshing when uploading files.
- Addressed an issue where moving a Project folder would not display in the new location right away.
- Addressed an issue where Batch Plotting with AutoCAD® plugin was missing the Check Dependencies option in the Batch Create dialog.
- Addressed an issue in Projects where the Copy option was missing for users with read-only permission.
- Addressed an issue where drawing logs could not be saved to Studio Projects.
2017.0.40 – Update 4
Revu 2017 fixes several issues, including (but not limited to):
- Addressed an issue where viewing a file in a Set would cause the thumbnail preview and file to continually refresh.
- Addressed an issue where clicking hyperlinks in a Project file would cause the file and panels to reload multiple times before the file opens.
- Addressed an issue where opening Project files from the Recents panel could cause the file to refresh multiple times.
2017.0.30 – Update 3
Revu 2017.0.30 fixes several issues, including (but not limited to):
- Addressed an issue that caused some files to have missing markups after finishing a Session.
- Addressed a connection issue to Studio Enterprise Servers that caused file downloads in Sessions to fail.
- Changing the Open Document setting of a Set in a Studio Project no longer causes a “Could not find file” error.
- Addressed an issue that prevented attendees from accessing newly uploaded Project files via links, File Access or batch processes.
- Addressed an issue where opening a Set file would cause a “Could not find file” error and remove the file from the Set.
- Addressed an issue where hyperlinks to subfolders would bring users to the root folder instead.
- Updated Studio cache file to improve security.
- Addressed a timing issue that sometimes caused downloading files in a Studio Session to fail.
- Uploading an existing folder with new files will no longer duplicate existing files and only add the new files.
- Addressed an issue where canceling Sync would only cancel the current file and not the entire sync process.
- Addressed an issue that caused Project files in Recent Files to display the incorrect status once a user leaves the Project.
- Addressed an issue that allowed users to delete a folder while it was uploading to a Project.
- Addressed an issue where revision history time did not match local system time when saving a document.
- Addressed an issue that prevented users with Full Control permissions from deleting a Project.
- Offline users uploading documents without correct permissions are now notified once they log in that the documents could not be uploaded. The document is removed from the pending panel.
- Checking in documents while joining another Project no longer causes Revu to freeze.
- Addressed an issue where canceling the “Download Copy” function did not work properly.
- Addressed an issue that prevented users from accessing SharePoint when uploading a file.
- Addressed an issue that caused “Permissions denied” error when updating Project copy in Studio.
- Addressed an issue in Projects where hyperlinks to non-PDF files would not work unless the folder containing the files was expanded.
- Project hyperlinks in emails no longer fail to download and open.
- Addressed an issue that delayed the expiration date of a Session.
- Addressed an issue that prevented existing files and folders from displaying during batch processes or the creation of new folders.
- Addressed an issue that allowed non-host attendees to upload Project files to Sessions
- The Wildcard revision filter now saves and applies to new Sets.
- Improvements to detection of 360° photos.
- Addressed an issue that caused some 360° photos to only be viewed as 2D photos.
- Height and width columns are now displaying correctly when rotating pages.
- Addressed an issue that caused the Label and Comment columns to incorrectly merge when exporting CSV Summary.
- The Markups List no longer jumps to the top when filling a box in the Checkmark column or changing markup status.
- Style property is no longer out of view when changing style to Cloud.
- Converting AutoCAD files using Stapler no longer fails on Windows 10.
- Addressed an issue that caused AutoCAD to crash when converting a 3D file to PDF.
- Improved performance for converting AutoCAD files to PDF.
- Addressed an issue that caused hyperlinks to open in the default web browser or WebTab instead of Revu.
- Addressed an issue that altered, or did not update, the page labels when inserting a page.
- Measurement column now refreshes correctly when editing Slope for a Length measurement.
- Column names are now properly translated when exporting 3D properties to CSV Summary.
- Decimals are now right-aligned in the Markups List for languages that utilize commas for decimals.
- Addressed an issue that caused Revu to crash when editing a Cloud+ markup.
- Addressed an issue that caused text to display incorrectly when exporting a non-English document.
- Improvements to UK dictionary with additional words.
2017.0.20 – Update 2
Added compatibility for Revit 2018 (CAD & eXtreme editions only)
Revu 2017.0.20 fixes several issues, including (but not limited to):
- PDF Summary now properly sorts sequences numerically
- Filtered states are now properly displayed in real time as markup status is changed in a Studio Session
- Converting email to PDF from Outlook no longer fails when adding a folder or for large batches of emails including attachments
- Addressed an issue that caused some vertical text to be unrecognized by OCR and AutoMark
- Restored auto-complete for the address field when adding previously invited users for Studio Sessions
- Addressed an issue that caused Search to display a “read only” error for Sets located on network drives
- Addressed an issue that could cause the time stamp for a markup status to change when PDF is combined or extracted
- PDF Markup Summary now properly shows markup thumbnails for documents comprising a large number of pages or markups
- Addressed an issue that disallowed deselecting individual elements within a Count
- Added the ability to run OCR from when Revu is installed in Amazon EC2
- Addressed an issue that could cause line weights to print inaccurately
- Addressed an issue that prevented editing Excel files embedded in Word when Quantity Link is enabled
- Restored ability to add signature fields to PDFs created from Revit
- Updated incorrectly localized strings for international languages
- Addressed an issue that disabled the ability to invite users when Full Control permissions are inherited
- Revu now properly fits the screen when moving its window to a monitor with a different resolution when the Windows Creators Update is installed
- Restored the ability to save sheet set configurations in the Revit plugin
- Batch PDF Summary now properly includes thumbnails for documents comprising documents with large images
- Improved performance when adding Tags to documents in Sets
- Addressed an issue that caused some Hyperlinks to not function for documents in Studio Projects
- Addressed an issue that removed the ability to delete files from Studio Sessions
- Changing source files for newly created Quantity Links no longer removes custom column filters
- Restored progress bars to indicate status for upload, download, and sync for documents in Studio
- Addressed an issue that caused copied Project hyperlinks to link to the root directory only
2017.0.10 – Update 1
AutoCAD (CAD & eXtreme editions only)
Added compatibility for AutoCAD 2018
Added compatibility for AutoCAD LT 2018
Navisworks (CAD & eXtreme editions only)
Added compatibility for Navisworks 2018
Transport Layer Security version 1.2
Added TLS 1.2 support to bFX
Revu 2017 fixes several issues, including (but not limited to):
- Login credentials are now properly reset when signing out, switching user and enabling OpenID
- Subjects including colon characters now display as expected in Excel when using Quantity Link
- Markups from other applications, which were created without defined points, are now visible in Revu
- Columns now respect the Use Current Column Width option when creating a table-style PDF Summary
- Bounding box size has been reduced for date field when using Batch Sign & Seal with high-resolution monitors
- Measurement value is selected by default when calibrating scale, restoring the ability to immediately enter values
- The photo preview portion of the ProjectWise Explorer window is restored
- Resolved an issue in which…
- converting AutoCAD documents containing SHX fonts would fail
- some multi-page documents would not print all pages
- an Open License would remain checked out unexpectedly
- the subject for some annotations could not be changed in the Markups List
- Count markups placed in earlier versions of Revu showed an incorrect value of 1
- deleting the first symbol in a Count markup would cause the subject to change
- separate Counts of matching shape were merged upon deleting a surrounding Space
- downloaded copies of Studio Project documents were automatically set to read-only
- files not cached and non-PDF files would not download from Studio
- /register command was not functioning properly for deployment via MSI and MSP
- uninstall script did not remove Revu 2016.5.2
- elements of Batch Sign & Seal coordinates were slightly offset depending on DPI settings
- Rise/Drop could not be modified after modifying Slope for Length and Polylength
- the Recents section of the File Access tab contained no files
- interactive content was not being included when applied via Batch Stamp
- some markups created with Dynamic Fill would have the subject revert to default values
- errors in the font cache would prevent text in documents from being displayed
- the Repair Font process could make some markups invisible
- Revit would throw errors on systems with ElumTools or Licaso and Revu 2017 installed
- Various performance and stability improvements for Studio and Sets
Dynamic Fill makes it quick and easy to generate a variety of markups from content in PDF drawings. Dynamic Fill does this by greatly reducing the effort required to create markups and removing redundancies where a single selection can be used to create multiple elements, such as measurement markups and Spaces. A fill tool makes it easy to select complex shapes by “pouring” selections within boundaries on the drawing. Tool Chest items can be accessed as well, allowing you to include the exact materials and measurements you need with a simple yet powerful set of tools.
QUANTITY LINK (EXTREME EDITION ONLY)
Quantity Link streamlines the takeoff, estimation and bidding process by creating a one-way flow of information from Revu to Microsoft Excel*. Measurement totals can be sourced from any number of PDFs stored on local or network drives and link to cells in an Excel workbook. As measurements are modified on the source files, the linked totals will update in real time. Length, Area, Volume, Wall Area, Width, Height and Count totals can be provided by a variety of compatible measurement types; for example, the total area could be compiled from both Area and Volume markups. You can even save workbooks with custom formatting and link options to create a bid template that can be easily shared and reused. *Compatible with Excel 2010, 2013, 2016
AUTOMATIC FORM CREATION (EXTREME EDITION ONLY)
Automatic Form Creation makes adding form fields to a PDF a quick and seamless process. Revu will detect potential form fields on an open document, recognize the input type, and automatically place the appropriate form fields into the document where they were originally detected. Once the form fields have been created, the Forms tab is automatically opened, providing an immediate opportunity to audit the automated results and make any modifications, if necessary. Automatic Form Creation works on PDFs whether they were created digitally or from scans and has the ability to automatically place text, date, checkbox, radio button and digital signature fields.
BATCH SIGN & SEAL (EXTREME EDITION ONLY)
Batch Sign & Seal makes it possible to apply a digital signature or document certification across a batch of files. Manually place a signature or automatically place it on any number of pages within each document by selecting any predefined digital signature form field. This feature also provides the ability to apply a professional seal and the current date. Like the signature, the date can be freely placed or target form fields formatted for date. The signature is placed over the seal, as is common when using paper, rubber stamps and a handwritten signature.
Polylength & Segments
The new Polylength tool provides the ability to measure multiple lengths within a single markup. Each length segment displays its dimension while being drawn and as a caption on the drawing. Polylength also includes a Rise/Drop option to add length that could not be measured on a 2D drawing. This makes it easy to get accurate totals for materials such as pipe, conduit or cable, all of which run vertically in walls and cannot be measured in a plan view. Revu 2017 also includes the ability to display segment values for Area, Volume and Perimeter measurements with several configurable appearance properties.
A Slope value, expressed as a Pitch, Degree or Grade, can be applied to Length and Area measurements. Slope is now a built-in Markups List column.
Width & Height
Width and Height columns in the Markups List now display scaled values for Area and Volume measurements. These dimensions are determined by the overall measurement width and overall measurement height. Width and Height fields are also modifiable for Count measurements, allowing for assignment of typical material dimensions.
Units are now displayed next to their respective measurement value in the Markups List. These units can be included as a separate column in both CSV and XML summaries (single and batch) by selecting the “Include measurement units” option in the summary options dialog box.
Along with the new ellipse cutout option, cutouts can now be copied and pasted within Area and Volume measurements. Additionally, the polygon cutout can cut through an edge of an Area or Volume measurement, reforming the overall boundary of the measurement. Automatically fill cutouts by selecting an area or volume measurement and clicking inside the cutout region. Hold the SHIFT key to fill all remaining unfilled cutouts.
With the ‘Store Scale in Page’ option selected, ‘Apply Scale to All Pages’ is now available from within the Calibrate dialog box. This makes it easy to set a scale across multiple pages.
Split & Resume
From within the right-click context menu, both Polylength and Perimeter measurements can be split on an interior control point or any segment. Similarly, a Polylength or Perimeter measurement can be resumed from the right-click content menu initiated from either end control point.
Custom Count Symbols
Custom count symbols can be created from markups in the Tool Chest, allowing for a much wider selection of custom appearances to represent quantities on a drawing. These custom counts are available as an option to apply to visual search results.
Split & Merge
When performing counts across Spaces, counts are automatically split into separate markups, providing accurate totals per Space. Split counts allows for a single count markup of multiple quantities to be manually separated into multiple count markups. Splitting count markups allows you to apply different properties to counts without having to start the count from scratch. Similarly, separate counts can be manually merged into a single markup sharing the same properties.
Width & Height
By applying width, height and depth values to a count, automatically calculate area and volume for materials such as windows, doors or concrete footings.
Copy & Paste
Counts can now be copied and pasted from one drawing to another. This is extremely useful for multi-level projects with similar floor plans from floor to floor.
Revu 2017 makes it possible to show captions describing label, width, height, area, volume and depth, adjacent to symbols within a Count markup. All of these descriptions can be enabled or disabled independently.
360° photos provide a comprehensive view of surrounding field conditions, typically not available in regular photos. These images can be added to Capture from local and network drives, Studio Projects and supported DMS locations. An icon in the upper right corner of the viewing window indicates the ability to pan, spin, and zoom into detail. 360° photos must be of a 2:1 aspect ratio and created with a compatible device which currently include:
- Ricoh Theta S
- Samsung Gear 360
- LG 360 Cam
- Nikon KeyMission 360
- Giroptic 360 Cam
- PTGui 360 Panorama Software
View this page for a list of compatible hardware
3D PDF ENHANCEMENTS
Navigation & Metadata
Revu 2017 includes several improvements that make even the most expansive 3D models much easier to navigate. A redesigned 3D Model Tree tab offers an intuitive user interface and adds new functionality. Use Search and Filter to quickly cut through the noise and focus on the details you want to see. Or simply select any model object and, if necessary, the model will automatically pan and zoom while retaining its current orientation and make any obstructing objects temporarily transparent. Model names, colors and metadata are easily accessible and can now be directly edited within Revu and even exported as a CSV report.
Revu now opens PRC-formatted 3D PDFs for viewing. Please note that this format is not fully supported at this time and some model objects may not appear as originally intended.
PLUGIN ENHANCEMENTS (CAD & EXTREME EDITIONS ONLY)
Places are now automatically generated from Revit* views when exporting to PDF, making it easier to create links to detail sheets. *Compatible with Revit 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017
3D PDFs can now be created from AutoCAD* *Compatible with AutoCAD 2016 and 2017
Added compatibility for SketchUp 2017
Revu 2017 may be installed in a side-by-side mode, allowing Revu 2016 and Revu 2017 to be installed simultaneously. This functionality is provided for users who would like to evaluate Revu 2017 before uninstalling the previous version of Revu. Choosing to upgrade from Revu 2016 to Revu 2017 is the recommended installation choice, as it is the simplest option and reduces the required disk space for installation.
Usage Data Sharing
Revu is an application constantly in development. Bluebeam is committed to its continual improvement, and your input is crucial. When installing Revu 2017, there is an option to allow Bluebeam to collect Revu usage data to help improve the application. This information is anonymous and will not be shared with 3rd parties. Bluebeam will not collect personal information about you. The data tracking we are implementing is designed to help us understand which Revu functionality you are using and how well the application is performing. This option can be enabled or bypassed at any time from the Bluebeam Administrator that is installed with Revu. Leaving this option enabled will greatly help the improvement of Revu.
Revu 2017 fixes several issues, including (but not limited to):
- Selecting and highlighting text now occurs from the center of the selection cursor as expected
- 64-bit Revu can now access 32-bit Outlook address books
- Resolved an issue where Revit views with an origin other than 0,0 would not create Spaces from Rooms
- Cloud+ markups are no longer locked for editing when placed via bFX
- Resolved an issue where other users’ markups could be inadvertently edited via bFX
- Setting expiration time now displays and functions as expected for Studio Sessions
- Selecting or resizing a hyperlink no longer navigates to the link location while in edit mode
- Resolved an issue where the Capture / Camera tools displayed upside-down images on some devices
- AutoMark no longer ignores double letters
- Resolved issue where some computers were unexpectedly identified as tablet devices
- Revit plugin now correctly prompts user for file name when one file per view/sheet option is enabled
- Resolved an issue where separate print jobs were sent from Revit when collate option is enabled
- Improved the handling of auto-detection for SharePoint when multiple sites are mapped
- Resolved an issue where a font cached error was thrown unexpectedly
- Batch PDF from AutoCAD no longer ignores the “include for publishing” setting in sheet sets
- International versions of the Revit plugin now generate Tags from properties
- Resolved an issue in the Revit plugin where rotated viewports would create misaligned Spaces