There are two ways to run a spell check in Revu depending on whether you wish to spell check Markups and Form Fields or
When editing a text-based markup or form field, unrecognized words are highlighted with squiggly underlines using the color set in Spelling Preferences. Right-click the text to reveal a menu of suggested replacement words along with a command to add the word to the current dictionary.
To run spell check on markups and form fields, do one of the following:
- Go to Edit > Check Spelling > Check Spelling in Markups and Form Fields
- Press the F7 key.
During the spell check process, each misspelled word is shown in context with a series of options for correcting or ignoring the error.
Choose how to handle each identified misspelling. What you choose depends on whether or not the word is actually misspelled.
If the word is not misspelled, there are three options to choose from:
Ignore Once prompts the spell checker to ignore the spelling discrepancy one time for the current selection. If the same spelling is encountered again, it will be flagged.
Ignore All prompts the spell checker to ignore all occurrences of the spelling discrepancy for the duration of the current spell checking process.
Add to Dictionary adds the word as spelled to the dictionary. The spelling will be accepted as correct and will not be flagged in future spell check processes.
If the word is misspelled, there are two options available:
Change accepts the currently selected version of the word from the Suggestions list as the correct spelling and changes the current misspelling only.
Change All accepts the currently selected version of the word from the Suggestions list as the correct spelling and changes all instances of the same misspelling in the document.
Go to Edit > Check Spelling > Markup Spelling Mistakes. The Markup Spelling Mistakes dialog box appears.
- Each misspelling detected will be highlighted by placing a Squiggly Markup under it. Click the Color box to choose the color used for these markups.
Select Place Suggestions in Comment to insert all suggestions as a comment in the Markups list.
Select the Page Range over which to run the spell check from the Pages menu:
- All Pages: Sets the range to all pages.
- Current: Sets the range to the current page only. The current page number will appear in parentheses, for example, Current (2) if page 2 is the current page.
- Selected: Sets the range to the current selection. This option only appears if pages were selected prior to invoking the command.
- Custom: Sets the range to a custom value.
When this option is selected the list becomes a text box.To enter a custom range:
- Use a dash between page numbers to define those two pages and all pages in between.
- Use a comma to define pages that are separated.
For example: 1-3, 5, 9 will include pages 1, 2, 3, 5 and 9.
- Click OK.