Studio Projects lets you share critical files—not just PDFs—with specific people who can review those files or update them. Projects employs a document management system that prevents multiple users from updating files at the same time. You can determine which users are allowed to perform which actions in a Project by controlling their permissions. PDFs in a Project can also be used to start a new Session or added to an existing Session.
Before you can start a Studio Project you must create a Studio account.
You will need a validated Studio account to create a Studio Project. If you have not established one yet,
To start a new Project:
- Go to Window > Panels > Studio or press ALT+C to open the Studio panel.
- On the Studio panel toolbar, click Projects. Any current Projects are listed.
- Go to Add > New Project. The New Project dialog box appears.
- If you have not already created an account, the Create Studio Account dialog box appears instead. Create a Studio Account before proceeding.
Enter a name for the Project and click OK. The new Project is added to the list on the Studio panel and an empty Project tab opens in the main workspace.
Note: Project names cannot contain any of the following characters: , <, >, |, :, *, ?, \, /
To add initial Project files, select from the following options:
- New Folder: Creates a new folder in the root directory of the Project. Once selected, the New Folder dialog box appears. Enter a name for the folder and click OK to create it.
- Upload Files: Uploads individually selected files to the root directory of the Project. Once selected, the Upload Files dialog box appears. Click Add and select to upload either Files (by navigating to the desired files), Open Files (which automatically adds all PDFs currently open) or Open Set (which automatically opens the Set currently open).
Upload Folder: Uploads the contents of a folder to the root directory of the Project. Once selected, the
Select a folder to uploaddialog box appears. Navigate to and select the desired folder and click Select Folder.
- This option recreates the selected folder in the Project and uploads the contents into that folder automatically.
In addition to the buttons shown in the workspace of a new or empty Project, these options are also available by clicking Add on the Project tab.
Additional files and folders can be added to the Project later as well.
See Adding Files to a Project.
By default, no other users are granted access to a new Project and permissions for any who are invited are limited. You can change these conditions by configuring the Project Settings.
Inviting somebody to a Project automatically adds them as an Allowed User in the Project Settings
To invite a user to the Project:
From the Project tab, click Invite. The Project Invitation dialog box appears.
ProjectInformation is shown at the top of the dialog box. To copy this information to the clipboard in order to paste it into another program, such as an email message, IM or other document, click Copy Invitation.
To add invitees from the address book of your default email program, click Address Book.
Note: The email program must be MAPI compliant for Revu to access its address book. The address books from web-based email like Gmail, Hotmail or Yahoo cannot be accessed.
- To add invitees
manually, click . When the Add Email Address dialog box appears, enter the invitee's email address and click OK.
- To add all the members of an existing Group, click . When the Select Groups dialog box appears, select the desired Group and click OK.
- To change the email address of an invitee, select the entry and click
. When the Modify Email Address dialog box appears, enter the new email address and click OK.
- To remove an invitee, select the entry and click
- Enter a Message to add to the invitations, if desired.
- Click OK. Email invitations will be sent to all the invitees from the Studio server.
When a Project is deleted, it and all of it files are removed from the Studio Server. It is recommended that before deleting a Project that you join the Project and save any files you might want to keep. Only Project Owners and users with the Full Control permission to the Project may delete it.
To delete a Project:
- On the Studio panel,
right-clickthe desired Project and select Delete.
- A confirmation dialog box appears. To delete the Project and its documents, click Yes.