Transform allows you to manipulate parts in a 3D model. A selected part or parts can be moved along and rotated around the X, Y, and Z axes.
- Select the part or parts that you want to transform.
Click Transform on either the 3D Hover Bar or the 3D Model Treepanel. The icon will change to indicate that transform is active () and the Transform Control will appear at the center point of the part or selected parts.
The Transform Control consists arrows to move along the X, Y, and Z axes and circles to rotate around those axes. In the example below, the Transform Control surrounds a cube-shaped part.
- To manipulate the selected part or parts using the Transform Control:
- Click and drag an axis line to move the part along that axis.
- Click and drag an axis circle to rotate the part around that axis.
- To reset a selected part or parts to the default location:
- Select the part or parts.
- Right-click on one of the parts, either in the 3D Model window or the 3D Model Tree panel, and select Reset Selected Parts.
- To reset all parts to their default location, right-click any empty space in the 3D Model window and select Reset All Parts
- Alternatively, right-click the top-most parent item in the 3D Model Tree tab hierarchy, which will select all parts in the model, then select Reset Selected Parts.
The images below show a bolt as it is selected and after it has been moved on the axis.