The Note tool allows for placement of a pop-up text note on a document.
Notes and comment boxes do not print by default. To print notes, select Print Pop-Ups in the Markup Preferences.
- Select the Note tool using one of the following methods:
- Go to Tools > Markup > Note.
- Click on the
- Press N on the keyboard.
- Click a location on the document to place the Note. A Note icon is placed on the PDF and a pop-up window appears.
- Enter the content of the Note in the pop-up window.
The pop-up window can be moved as desired.
To hide the Note pop-up window, click
the X in its upper-right corneror press ESC. The Note pop-up window will appear the next time the Note icon is double-clicked.
To remove markups from a PDF, select the markup or markups on the PDF or from the Markups list and do one of the following:
- Press DELETE on the keyboard.
- Right-click and select Delete.
- Mouse over the Note icon to see a tool tip of the contents.
- Double-click the Note icon to bring up the pop-up window.
- See the Comments column in the Markups list for the Note markup.
You can add an action to nearly any markup. Simply right-click the markup and select Edit Action to open the Action dialog box.
The appearance of the Note icon placed on the document is configurable. The icon itself can be changed as well as its color and opacity.
To change the appearance of a Note icon, select it and click the Properties panel.
Color: Sets the color of the Note icon
Opacity: Sets the level of transparency of the Note icon.
Icon: Sets the shape of the Note icon.